6 Greenview Crescent

Post by TwoHappyDays
I am having the same issue. My friends address is showing up in the wrong place in Waze. As in several blocks away. They have had out of the country visitors dropped off at the wrong place because the taxi driver used Waze. Those poor people were dropped off at night, jet lagged, and with no idea how to get to the right location. I only found out about this when I used Waze yesterday to get to her house and ended up at the wrong place.

I submitted a report and SGWazer(3) came back to tell me that Waze does not use postal codes. I did not submit a report regarding incorrect postal code, as a matter of fact the report I submitted doesn't even contain a postal code. When I replied as much, SGWazer(3) gave me a lengthy lecture on WHY I cannot use postal codes in Waze and locked the report. Unfortunately, It seems like this person doesn't really care if Waze is inaccurate.
TwoHappyDays

POSTER_ID:17488330

Send a message

Post by Guardian-SG
Hi TwoHappyDays,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you give us more info about the address in question and we will look into why Waze has suggested that route and destination. Rest assured that we take all feedback seriously and we will educate our volunteer editors to be more careful when handling submitted reports. We appreciate your understanding on this.

Best,
David
Guardian-SG
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Singapore Country Coordinator | Waze Philippines Country Manager | Team Asia Pacific
Join us in the Waze Singapore Facebook Group | Like the Waze Singapore Facebook Page
Join is in the Waze Philippines Facebook Group

Post by Guardian-SG
Hi Laurie,

Firstly, I have decided to spilt your original post to a new topic so that we can handle the error you and your friend face with the incorrect navigation as a separate issue.

Now, I have taken a look at the address you've given. The Place does not exist in Waze. What this means is that Waze does not specifically have this address (Place) mapped. So what happens is that when you search for this address within Waze, the result you are getting is likely a Google data result. The Waze Map Editor (WME) image of the area around Greenview Cres (this is the actual view of what map editors will see when editing the map), there are no polygons along Greenview Crescent. There is in-fact nothing mapped around the vicinity.
Greenview Cres (WME).jpg
Waze Map Editor
(379.25 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Let's take a look at the Google result as well. As you can see in the Waze Livemap image below (which is a web browser version of the Waze map and data), the pin is at the bottom curve of Greenview Crescent. Based on Google's street view, the pin is accurate at 6 Greenview Crescent, albeit the street view images were taken in 2015 when the lot was still under construction, it is still correct. I have also searched for 6 Greenview Cres in the Wazeapp , it points me to this spot (Google's data), I have even tried it on Grab and Uber, and since they both use Google's data, its the same spot. Is this the correct place? You mentioned the taxi driver dropped them off the wrong place, was this an actual taxi driver or a Grab/Uber driver? I ask this because a taxi driver should know better than to drop them off at a place that does not say 6 Greenview Cres on the front gate and blame the navigation for it (because they are charging by the time and distance) while a Grab/Uber driver will rely on the GPS coordinates that is in the driver/partner app which was derived from what the rider picked when making the booking since they may not be familiar with the area. Without going into too much details on the way Grab/Uber get their end point and how Waze gets this destination when Waze is selected as the navigation app, its suffice to say it all comes from the original booking the rider makes. I also tried to navigate virtually to the result that Waze had given for 6 Greenview Crescent and it was the correct spot. Perhaps if you could share with us how you had selected the destination in Waze, I could try to replicate your result and see how you were lead to the wrong place? Thanks!
6 Greenview Cres.png
Waze Livemap
(640.5 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Guardian-SG
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Singapore Country Coordinator | Waze Philippines Country Manager | Team Asia Pacific
Join us in the Waze Singapore Facebook Group | Like the Waze Singapore Facebook Page
Join is in the Waze Philippines Facebook Group

Post by TwoHappyDays
Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The address is 6 Greenview Crescent. Unfortunately, I am not savvy enough to upload photos to show you the location.

Cordially,

Laurie
TwoHappyDays
Send a message