Some deep links examples

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Some deep links examples

Postby SigloPH » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:19 am

redviper26 wrote:Thanks for this very valuable feedback! I shared it with the team and they are looking into it. Question: Are you using the UL form of our deep links? It is supposed to provide the experience you're looking for.

Not now, as I discovered there's a different behavior for Android and iOS. I'm currently using the configuration on mobile devices assuming Waze was installed without the web experience (2nd bullet on https://developers.google.com/waze/deeplinks/) e.g. "waze://?q=" for search queries and ""waze://?preview_venue_id=" if an ID is available.

The desired effect should be to be able to open Waze then to navigate. Somehow this works for both OS without the UL. Adding UL in the deep links just opens the app.

What I have originally have in mind was using the Waze's page instead to do this and let the user's have the web experience (as a nice fallback). Thank you for sharing this to the team!
SigloPH

Postby vince1612 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:51 am

I just randomly discovered (on page 2 of a Google search I did) that there was an improved livemap UI available to get directions to a specific place.

It works with
Code: Select all
https://www.waze.com/directions/*country*/*city*/*place-name*/*place-ID*.html

Example: https://www.waze.com/directions/switzerland/lausanne/musee-olympique/4325841.43455019.1368392.html
wazedirections.png
(167.56 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

I noticed that when you open such a link on mobile, the route options don't load and you can only see the destination. However there is no way to start a drive, you are only offered links to download the Waze App.
wazedirectionsmobile.png
(22.74 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

- Is this old/new or still in development?
- Wouldn't it make sense to use deep links to offer the possibility to start a drive from that URL when it's open on a smartphone?
- Is this supposed to be an alternative to deep links in anyway or just a way for Partners to display on their website via an iframe?
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am

redviper26 wrote:This is a work in progress - an experimental page that will be officially released within a few weeks. We do recommend you use this link for venues, and it will include all of the features and capabilities you raised. Nice find!

Thanks for the clarification :)
I guess you can give an FYI to the team working on it that Google Search results are already giving those links to anyone, so more people may find it in the near future.
GsearchP3.png
(60.21 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

I was actually looking into my family's restaurants which are also doing advertisements via Waze Local Brands, and checking more deeply for what existed out there, I suddenly saw that on page 3, so it's still "hidden" for now. ;)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze Developers Community