Be the first to see the Beta Embed Map feature

Post by redviper26
Hey everyone,

We'd like to share a new and exciting feature, and of course get your feedback and opinion. We've added an easy and simple way to get the embedding code for the Waze Livemap with a click of a button. Check it out by going here and clicking the share icon on the bottom right.

Please note: This is a Beta version, with a lot of elements missing or incomplete. So - be patient and forgiving and focus on the embedding experience :)

Thanks!

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:16836319

Send a message
Attachments

Post by Glodenox
Have you considered making it possible for websites to embed the map so instead of/next to the search bar it would say "take me there" or "navigate to this location" with a link to waze.com/ul?

With the new payment scheme for Google Maps embedding I'm seeing a lot of websites changing the maps on their website that show their location (generally replacing them with images though), but I think this might be an opportunity for us to get more websites to point to Waze for navigation.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
https://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeBelgium.pnghttps://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png

matsalka
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

CM & Coordinator of Estonia | Eesti keelne Wiki | Facebook: Waze Eesti

Post by matsalka
Mobile version doesn't display sharing button. Is this intentional?
matsalka
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

CM & Coordinator of Estonia | Eesti keelne Wiki | Facebook: Waze Eesti

Post by NorfolkMustard
Great feature, thanks.

It seems to use the browser's localStorage, and being an iFrame, it's classed as 3rd party data. It's becoming more common for browsers to block 3rd party cookies (and data) and so the waze map iframe often looks like this. Any way you can change it to not use localStorage, or have a suggestion of how to check if the iframe throws an error so I can handle it?

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/941/437 ... 1006_b.jpg
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by redviper26
Thanks for the feedback! We'll add and fix a bunch of stuff before this is live. Is there anything else you'd like to see?
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by redviper26
It's due to the fact it's a beta version - definitely planned.
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Glodenox wrote:Have you considered making it possible for websites to embed the map so instead of/next to the search bar it would say "take me there" or "navigate to this location" with a link to waze.com/ul?
This is definitely inline with our plans for the future. Thanks for the feedback!
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message