New idea

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New idea

Postby jm6087 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:33 pm

ViktorDosedel wrote:Each time someone stops car, there comes up a "P" symbol and question: "Have you parked?"
If someone really parked his/her car, nothing happens, but after that when he/she comes back to the car and starts driving - the GPS position is sent to the server.

I think most people would get real annoyed to be asked if they have parker every time they stop at a red light.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Msandrom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:58 pm

My name Marcilio Medeiros, I am a public health researcher at the Brazilian Ministry of Health who studies violence in traffic. I need to contact the developers of waze to create app for monitoring traffic violence. marcilio.medeiros@fiocruz.br. I do not speak English
Msandrom

Postby SkiDooGuy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:27 pm

You're welcome to search through the Waze Suggestion Box and see if something similar has been suggested. If it hasn't, feel free to add it!

Several ideas have been pulled from there in the past and built into the product, so there's a chance it could happen.

These forums are mainly for community interactions, and Waze staff don't monitor them in any meaningful way, so the suggestion here isn't likely to make much headway unfortunately.
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators

New idea

Postby ViktorDosedel » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 pm

GPS parking. The way it should work is perhaps different to the first idea, which comes up to everyone mind.
It should not be like everyone who parked sends GPS location.
It has to work other way.
Each time someone stops car, there comes up a "P" symbol and question: "Have you parked?"
If someone really parked his/her car, nothing happens, but after that when he/she comes back to the car and starts driving - the GPS position is sent to the server.
There has to be an interface for drivers, who are looking for car park position - showing - some tabs between which you can switch - e.g.:
Unparked car positions in last 5 min..
Unparked car positions in last 10 min..
Unparked car positions in last 30 min..
Hey folks, what do you think about this..? Could it be working..?
ViktorDosedel

Postby ViktorDosedel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:55 am

I think most people would get real annoyed to be asked if they have parker every time they stop at a red light.[/quote]

OK. Then just maybe the "P" symbol would change to green colour.
ViktorDosedel

Postby ViktorDosedel » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

ViktorDosedel wrote:GPS parking. The way it should work is perhaps different to the first idea, which comes up to everyone mind.
It should not be like everyone who parked sends GPS location.
It has to work other way.
Each time someone stops car, there comes up a "P" symbol and question: "Have you parked?"
There has to be an interface for drivers, who are looking for car park position - showing - some tabs between which you can switch - e.g.:
Unparked car positions in last 5 min..
Unparked car positions in last 10 min..
Unparked car positions in last 30 min..
Hey folks, what do you think about this..? Could it be working..?

I have thought about it further.. There could be NFC sticker inside with status (inside of car).
All the driver would have to do is to put mobile phone into craddle and to take it out of the craddle when leaving car. :D
ViktorDosedel

Return to Waze Developers Community