Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Jam objects on the live map feed

Post by FarnazKhaghani
Hi,

I have been trying to understand the objects on the live map and what each of them means. I have looked into the RSS feed and in the jam objects of JSON response, there are "line" features including some geolocation. As I looked in more details, I realized these lines form a segment of the road but for different update times, there are different speed but almost the same length. Does anybody know what are the points on the lines? Are they location of Waze users or track of a certain user or just random points to create the spline on the map? In general, how are these lines formed?
FarnazKhaghani

POSTER_ID:17494516

Send a message

Post by FarnazKhaghani
I have attached a screenshot to this reply. My question is regarding the highlighted part of the picture. What does that line indicate and is there any specific intervals between the points in the line?
FarnazKhaghani
Send a message
Attachments

Post by FarnazKhaghani
Alright. But how do they estimate the jam? Is it based on the density of the Wazers? Cause there is a speed value associated with each of this line. I thought this speed is the one that shows up on the map in the tooltip when you click on the road segments. Is it correct?
FarnazKhaghani
Send a message

Post by jrpenabastidas
I am looking for the same, how is the jam line estimated? Did you find anything about?
jrpenabastidas
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Hey, can you share a screenshot to clarify the question?
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Hey, if I understand the issue correctly the highlighted line is an approximated geometry of a jam, and it has nothing to do with speeds or user data (specific or aggregated)
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message