Mobile Speed Cameras Integration Project

Post by LordVonZipstor
Hi there,

Is there a project of integration of mobile speed cameras at all?

I am from the state of Victoria in Australia.

As a result of receiving a few fines due to inattention in areas where an unmarked vehicle was operating a speed camera, I thought of looking up the locations online, and I found this.

https://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov.au ... -2019.xlsx

It's a spreadsheet where all (alas past) locations of speed cameras were authorized by the local police.

I am at this stage digging into it with government officers to find out if we can access to the archive to be able to see if yes or no the locations are always the same, and if only the dates of autorisation is the only variable, which is possible as I think it would be a hassle for them to find new spots all the time.

If it is found that the dates are only a variable, then it would be possible to run a script that would enter automatically the spots where these unmarked vehicles can be attending and send a signal to the Waze user of the type of "Reported mobile speed camera site ahead" or would it not?

Let me know if this is possible or if you guys have already looked into this (I take it that it would not be available only in the countries that are giving access to such publications)

Cheers
LordVonZipstor

POSTER_ID:17165022

Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Hi LordVonZipstor. While I'm pretty sure it would be a long shot to do something of this magnitude as the routine information would need to come from a verified community partner most likely you are certainly always welcome to make a suggestion. I would encourage you to visit the Waze App Feature Requests page and the subsequent header topic *How to request and search for new features* here - viewtopic.php?f=657&t=78952 . From there they will steer you to the Waze Suggestion Box page where you can search to see if something along the lines of your idea has been suggested before and either up-vote it or post your new idea. Waze developers will review the information in the Waze Suggestion Box but rarely do so in these forums. This forum location is for the discussion of an idea among Waze Editors and users. I hope this information is helpful to you.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by LordVonZipstor
Thanks for pointing out this direction.
LordVonZipstor
Send a message