Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Ponte Vedra, FL - Gated community routing problem

Post by BlancFlash37
We need assistance routing all traffic through our main gate. Currently Waze/ Google Maps is routing traffic through a non-staffed resident only gate that requires a bar code to enter. A marked up map is attached. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Location: Intersection of Crosswater Parkway and Bluewater Drive, Ponte Vedra, FL 32081

Thank you!
BlancFlash37

POSTER_ID:17556045

Send a message
Attachments

Post by BlancFlash37
Ugh- I posted in the wrong forum. Mod can you please move to appropriate forum. Thanks!
BlancFlash37
Send a message

Post by BlancFlash37
Thank you for the quick response.

1) We are a developing community and "work" for all the construction workers and delivery trucks is OUR community. Waze is routing them to a resident only gate they can't access. The construction vehicles and large trucks can't back out of the resident gate entry road and after the vehicles stack up behind them they just ram through the gate and break it. The gates then stay broken for days/weeks and when it gets fixed the same thing happens all over again. I can assure you none of the residents want this! The couple hundred residents that will use the resident only gate (the main gate is fastest route for majority of community) are the ones screaming for this Waze issue to be addressed. The residents are going to use the gate closest to their house regardless of what Waze tells them. We are a low traffic suburban area and traffic South on Crosswater is a non issue. Construction traffic is the issue! Is there anything you can do to help us? Maybe routing all traffic through the main gate for a defined period to see if you get any complaints. I don't think you will as I will share what you said with the residents of the community and they want all traffic routed through the main gate.

2) Thank you. I don't believe I changed anything at the main gate, but if I did I apologize. It is currently labeled as private. Does that need to be addressed?

3,4,5,6- Got it. Thanks!
BlancFlash37
Send a message

Post by BlancFlash37
Thank you to whoever changed the routing into our neighborhood! :D
BlancFlash37
Send a message
Attachments

Post by driving79
Hi @BlancFlash37. Welcome to map editing and the waze community. I took a look at the area and your edits, and there is quite a lot going on here, so please allow me to explain:

1 - Waze is a commuting app, meaning to/from work or errands, at its core. We route for the majority of whatever area or place it is, so going into/out of a neighborhood the most is the resident. Therefore, we map for the resident. We also get way more angry people when the residents are routed incorrectly every single day into their own neighborhood.

2 - Your edits have effectively completely closed off the neighborhood for both entrances. I have fixed everything, but if I didn't make the map tile cut-off, tomorrow people will most likely be routed there incorrectly (for either gate). We would be glad to help you learn more about map editing. I have included a link at the bottom of this post for you to join us.

3 - I kept the truck restriction you added on the resident gate. However, there is no "truck" setting in the app, so it will not actually help in real life. If waze ever makes this a feature on the app, then it will be ready.

4 - We could add a place point for the neighborhood so that people can search/route to the visitor gate. I'll do that in a bit.

5 - We do not map sidewalks/walking trails or golf cart only paths/trails. I have removed the ones I found, but if you know of more that were created please delete them.

6 - There is a duplicate google maps place for the neighborhood that is also in the wrong location. I have attempted to request it be fixed/deleted, but google can often take forever to never to update this. https://goo.gl/maps/wup3apGCmxk

If you would like to join us in our editor community chat, we welcome you to click this link to learn and chat with us at: https://discord.me/southeast Thanks so much!
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Global Champ
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast