Introduction: UrbanCatastor

Post by B2SpiritofSkyline
'Sup all!

I am UrbanCatastor, based at Florida Tech in Melbourne, and currently working on areas in central Brevard Co. and the Orlando area. I already have been with Waze for at least a year, first in my former hometown of Panama City, Panama; and, for four months, at Melbourne and Brevard.
Right now I am working on the areas surrounding Fl Tech, and concurrently, applying standard road naming settings for highways in the area.
Currently a Lv. 3 Area Manager, don't hesitate to PM or write to me if you need help editing something, or unlocking (I can't do Lv. 4 or higher.) My e-mail is: jsanchez2012@my.fit.edu

Best regards,
See y'all on the road, safe driving!

UrbanCatastor
B2SpiritofSkyline

POSTER_ID:6957690

Send a message
UrbanCatastor
Waze King, Florida top 60 / 80k+ edits and counting
AM of Florida (full) + GA S, AL SW
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kAaI ... e+waze.png

Great to know you all! I have already applied the SR-xx naming convention for all Florida State Roads that go through Brevard up to where I manage. I do however need help w/ some that have been locked by Lv. 4's and Lv. 5's, usually near Interstate and/or US Hwy exchanges. I'll try to expand that scope to North Brevard when I drive up for a while.

Also, I might not be very active on the second week of December, as like all college students, I have finals. I have a to-do list established for work afterwards.

Happy wazing!
B2SpiritofSkyline
Send a message
UrbanCatastor

Hi all

I apologize for not being able to answer earlier. I just suppose that 12-hour workdays don't give me that much time to edit. I'm now working the Panhandle area, but I would be more than happy to assist if help were still to be needed in the MIA area.

P.S. Congrats txemt, more than honored to have you in Florida. Enjoy the sun and the beaches :)
B2SpiritofSkyline
Send a message
UrbanCatastor

Post by mrbdye
Hi UrbanCatastor,

I am in the Palm Bay area, (level 1 editor). My area of the map is a mess down in the South especially. What is the best way to get a large chunk of the map unlocked. Example I live on Emerson Dr SE and it is a mess. Waze routed me to a non existent intersection, and then rerouted me 5 blocks out of the way instead of doing a simple uturn.

-Bobby
mrbdye
Send a message

Post by MrByte_OnTheRoad
.... yes, the Central Florida area, the 528 corridor, is quite a mess in some aspects. I have slowly been getting to some of the reported issues and trying to fix, if it isn't locked.... I mainly dwell in the Central Brevard area, but of course go over all the area I have requested to be an AM for.
MrByte_OnTheRoad
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
MrByte_OnTheRoad
Area Manager for Central FL Counties / USA
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by razor2k
mrbdye wrote:Hi UrbanCatastor,

I am in the Palm Bay area, (level 1 editor). My area of the map is a mess down in the South especially. What is the best way to get a large chunk of the map unlocked. Example I live on Emerson Dr SE and it is a mess. Waze routed me to a non existent intersection, and then rerouted me 5 blocks out of the way instead of doing a simple uturn.

-Bobby
Hi Bobby, There is no way to get a "large chunk" (this is by design to prevent vandalism) unlocked. You have to go the Unlock Request Forum and provide permalinks of examples that are problematic. There could be several possibilities as to why you got an incorrect route on your drive.

I just did a quick scan along Emerson and didn't see any glaring issues. Again, by providing permalinks to the areas in question we can focus on that point.

You can always PM me or any AM"s in your area and we'd be more than eager to assist. :D

Welcome to our little corner of the waze world :lol:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by razor2k
txemt wrote:I'm going to now make it official here. I am moving to Miami in roughly 6 weeks for grad school. I've already looked at it on the editor and holy cow, I've got my work cut out. I've also already started to clear out some UR/SRs that are easy to clear out without having "eyes on."
Congrats! :mrgreen:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by scoobydoo3
Great, I started with Waze back on October this year. I have done some map corrections in some areas around Central Fl. I'm still reading everything about the WME, I guess I see great potential in this app. I will write down your email and send you future questions about map editing. It will be great if we can do meetings to get a little more organized in the Florida Central area. My email: delmargroup@gmail.com
scoobydoo3
Send a message

Post by txemt
I'm going to now make it official here. I am moving to Miami in roughly 6 weeks for grad school. I've already looked at it on the editor and holy cow, I've got my work cut out. I've also already started to clear out some UR/SRs that are easy to clear out without having "eyes on."
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by YoYoPro15
Welcome! Glad to see more people from the Central Florida area.
YoYoPro15
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager: Florida - Palm Beach
55,000+ Edits
iPhone 6 Plus (AT&T GSM) 64GB - iOS 9.2
Waze 4.0.1.1