Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Tout ce que vous devez savoir avant de poser vos questions, ou d’éditer la carte !

Waze longer and slower in France

Post by parisianmia
I am in France in vacations. Today, I drove with my mum (who lives in France). I wanted to follow Waze but my mum told me the usual road she takes. I followed her advice and saw immediately the effect on Waze : same arrival time but way smaller distance (2 kms instead of 3.1 kms). To go back home, I had the same problem at another location. Waze told me to go straight and planned 8 minutes and 3.2kms to home. Instead of following waze, I made a left (to follow my mum's advice) and immediately on waze, I saw arrival time in 6 minutes, and length 2.7 kms.
In USA (where I live), I always praised Waze to arrive faster and avoid bad traffic, but now in France, I see that there is some kind of bug in Waze. In my last example, Waze should take into account the time (6 minutes) if I turn left instead of going straight (8 minutes). These calculated durations are given by Waze. So why does Waze choose the slower way?
parisianmia

POSTER_ID:17206433

Send a message