Re: Nordschleife

Postby argus-cronos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Oh and i've alwayas thought Waze is for communters :roll:
argus-cronos
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby argus-cronos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 pm

This completely useles thing has only one connectioin to the road network and these are private roads and in its current state routing out of it is not really possible cause there is a red arrow on the exit.

Tollroad, sorry i don't think that somebody even think of it to add the tollroad feature there, cause i requestet this some months before for Bangkok, nobody cares, the question was, what only Bangkok!. And BKK has much more valuable freeways as this thing in the example above.

And the most saddest thing is: somebody put a lot of effort in this kind of work, but most villages and streets have no name around there and i don't count all errors like turnrestructioms, softturns and so on.

Before we really take care about any racing tracks, we should work on the really usefull things.
Just my 2cents...
argus-cronos
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby argus-cronos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Yeah of course, but Nürnburg Ring isn't really important for routing through gemany. And i fairly not believe that somebody will do the extra round in there.
In case of Bangkok we are at 99% cause only BKK has Tollroads in TH, but they don't care. So me neither.
If we really want to reach that 75 in Germany then we have to invent some roads except Ferrys of course.
argus-cronos
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby argus-cronos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

I didn't requested this as a second time because i did a lot of research to identify te correct sections of toll and i was disappointed about their non interrest. If i have time i will do it again, but i have to scan all freeways again, cause i'm not up to date what happens in the last three months. As you may know i am, and i am CM there since years.

It's about the german community here to decide this, we are in a phase of reorganisation. If they're ready they will handle it.

Regards
Argus
argus-cronos
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Nordschleife

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 am

Hallo zusammen.

Could someone with knowledge on the Nordschleife cut it into smaller pieces so we could check out the average speed on the track?

I have a guy that drawn the "Estoril" race track in Portugal, and I, as the CM, only allowed it with his promise that he will take waze with him next time he goes to the track. So I tried to cut it into smaller segments trying to catch the straight parts and the slow curves to see later what the averages are.

Here's our track, still at 0, and obviously disconnected from the main grid.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... ,193690737

The Nordschleife feels weird to see only averages of 60-70, with one segment with 97Km/h:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=2&l ... 0,72451496

Oh and on the grand prix side, these two segments are not connected https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=10& ... ,104663765

Also, that road is officially a "one-way public road with tolls" according to the government so you should set it to toll and ask Waze to get the "avoid-tolls" feature enabled, see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23318&p=406678#p406560

(Portuguese guy that lived 8 years in Düsseldorf and when I got the guts to rent the ringtaxi with Sabine it was the year she didn't run because she didn't approve the new M5. Miss the Auto-Bahns and the company leased BMW's so much)

Vielen Dank!
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Pelle924 wrote:Hey,

da es oben schon angesprochen wurde, mach ich jetzt mal keinen extra Fred auf..

Ich denke, Sie sollten Ihre waze Koordinator wenden und fragen Sie nach der avoid-toll Fahne für Deutschland freigegeben werden ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

argus-cronos wrote:Oh and i've alwayas thought Waze is for communters :roll:

That's why I used the Portuguese Estoril circuit as a bad example of Waze but the Nordschleife as a valid example because it *is* considered a public road in Germany. (the Nurbürgring circuit on the south is another story, same case as the Estoril circuit, should be marked as a private road :P)
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

argus-cronos wrote:Tollroad, sorry i don't think that somebody even think of it to add the tollroad feature there, cause i requestet this some months before for Bangkok, nobody cares, the question was, what only Bangkok!. And BKK has much more valuable freeways as this thing in the example above.

You are mixing up the situation where Waze only enables the toll road when more than 'x' (75%?) of the freeways have the toll flag properly set with the case that the toll road flag on the client should always be enabled because people can drive to a neighbor country that has tolls.

I haven't suggested for Germany to ask for the flag because of Nordschleif, but instead because we can all drive freely inside the Schengen zone.

Were Bangkok ready to have the toll flag enabled at the time? I had no delays getting the flag enabled in Portugal as soon as I got all freeways (fortunately only 44) double checked end-to-end for tolls.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:07 pm

argus-cronos wrote:Yeah of course, but Nürnburg Ring isn't really important for routing through gemany. And i fairly not believe that somebody will do the extra round in there.
In case of Bangkok we are at 99% cause only BKK has Tollroads in TH, but they don't care. So me neither.
If we really want to reach that 75 in Germany then we have to invent some roads except Ferrys of course.

Well, if Germany has 0 (or 1), then 75% is surely covered and the flag can be enabled.

About TH, it's weird that you didn't get the flag, it's almost zero effort on their side. Maybe now with the new hierarchy it's easier for the the global coordinator (maybe champ) to request it?
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Kuhlkatz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Why did you lazy bums not add the technical section and corner names in the alt names for the segments? :wink:
That would surely be the most logical way to 'break up' the track as well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
Using HTC One, Stock ROM, Android 4.2.2
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Next

Return to Map-Editor (WME)