Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Maryland Smudge in Virginia

Post by Bait-Fish
I took a trip to Virginia last week and expanded my editable area. No, that wasn't the reason to fly there ;) While out, I had the opportunity to add some roads and bring the map up some.

I found a large number of roads set as Maryland in Virginia. Off the main routes they were usually little side roads, private or dirt. But, it is also prevalent on some major roads, onramps and freeways, like I-95. I was specifically working around Fredericksburg, Va., but have a gut feeling that it is much more widespread.

Particularly embarrassing is highlighting such and noticing your name is now part of the errant segments because it was unexpected and overlooked. I try not to look like a dope if I can help it.

Here is a sample permalink if you want to try the layers script to find Maryland scattered randomly across Virginia.

I don't have the skill to figure out the general extent or size of the misnaming which I believe some of you do. Should I just message Alpha and let them handle it? I didn't hear of any resolution to the Portola Valley Smudge yet and that seemed to have some community focus.

EDIT: I forgot to post a screenshot like I intended to

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4949/screenshot1cj.jpg
Bait-Fish

POSTER_ID:2275941

Send a message
Last edited by Bait-Fish on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by gettingthere
Bait-Fish wrote: I didn't hear of any resolution to the Portola Valley Smudge yet and that seemed to have some community focus.
I can confirm that the Portola Valley 'smudge' is not yet fixed. Ran into many segment with Portola Valley as the city name when editing yesterday. Likely Waze has better things to be dealing with but it would be nice when they say that they are going to fix it that they can give a reasonable ETA.

Although I don't agree that this is a 'smudge' since the problem dates back to the base map import. Most of the segments with the city name of Portola Valley have never been manually edited.

It's ok, say it won't be fixed until Jan 1, 2012. No problem. Just tell us and hit the deadline :shock:
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico