Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Lots of help needed on this section of map on VA

Post by MikeJones3
MikeJones3

POSTER_ID:4043338

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Like what? The roads were just recently moved to the correct location yesterday. Two map updates from now, it should be ok from what I see.

I did make a few tweaks to the intersection, but in general, it looks like Waze HQ (levon) made the most recent changes. I'm not sure if the GPS tracks are correct, but the road does match the GPS tracks which is way different than the aerial. Google and Bing are mixed in what they show for this area.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by GizmoGuy411
I'm sure there will be ongoing editing necessary in the future as entire area is not due to be completed until 2015.

As Alan stated the GPS tracks look like they follow the new construction ok for now. However Waze editing in this area should probable be handled by someone local who can follow the progress and who can periodically inspect the actual changes and update Waze accordingly.

County Managers who are not in the area will not be able to help very much at this point.

See this PFD image of the area from VDOT: http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/res ... _Roads.pdf

Which was obtained here: http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/nor ... ements.asp
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile