Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Interstate exchange for Helena MT needs connected

Post by Askit2
I-15 Interchange at Helena MT filled in except connecting to Interstate. Someone with proper permissions please hook up all 5 ramps. It is new enough it isn't yet on the aerials. It is filled in off of old gps points and should be close enough to actually provide suitable routing.

Code: Select all

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lon=-112.01179&lat=46.61658&layers=BFTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTFT
Help is always appreciated.
Askit2

POSTER_ID:3322663

Send a message

Post by Askit2
Those roads where from early on in my editing and they should connect to a road. They are in a parking lot and I hadn't found the no name for roads then. As far as the rest I have added 30 roads at least and named all of them except parking lot roads. I know now what I did wrong but initially I was upset by poor speeds reported by lazy wazers walking into places leaving their app running. So I quickly added I called them parking lot gutters initially to catch those erroneous speeds to keep the highways and byways accurate. I will go back and fix them as I apparently have forgotten to do that.

I am curious since the secondary names never get used by waze I am wondering if I should alter (Cedar) from I-15 bus to Cedar as that is the name they will see or assume the current name is correct?
Askit2
Send a message

Post by Daknife
Pending new GPS tracks of the exact route, it should now be somewhat close to what is shown on the Montanna DOT website for the interchange. http://www.mdt.mt.gov/pubinvolve/custer/

I've also unlocked the interstate around that intersection to allow you to do the final finish work when you do get accurate GPS tracks.

Also for future reference, when you post a permalink, use the URL button not the Code button. And I see a lot of red down by Prospect ave with your name on it. When you draw in new roads be sure to edit the address and at a minimum assign a city if not a name as well. They won't go live until you do so. Heck if nothing else, check both the no city and no name boxes and hit apply before saving your edits. Also none of those red roads are connected to any existing roads. Meaning they are absolutely worthless to Waze. The system can't route onto a road that isn't connected to anything. And... Most of those roads are excessive mapping of parking lots. We really try to keep mapping of parking lots down to a minimum, entrances and main routes through the lots, no mapping every lane of stalls or every gas station, bank or restaurant drive-through.

If you want editing points look for stuff like the housing areas just south of the shopping complex on prospect. See all those one way roads and (they have the blue directional arrows within the road path) and all the unknown (red hash marks along the road) directionality roads. Fix those and the turn restrictions for every intersection and that will give you quite a few points. And delete the road cutting across homes right above the cross street labeled 18th street.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
As to the naming situation I've seen it go either way, personally I prefer the locally known name as much as possible versus some route number. But that's only when I actually know the local name is the preferred name.

As to the streets, I too occasionally run across stuff that I did early on, and wonder what the heck was I thinking. :roll: :lol:
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint