Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.
Post by CBenson
Wajo357 wrote: -I just navigated to my parents from Wayne, NJ to Brooklyn, NY and it told me to go through the Lincoln, even though I had avoid tolls on. Interesting. Although I did clean it up a few days ago by removing the segments after the toll booth from having the 'toll' option on. Maybe the fact that there were only 2 small toll segments associated with this drive that had to do with something.
The current problem with avoid toll roads is that when you have avoid toll roads set, waze prefers to route you the wrong way through non-toll one-way outbound segments, rather than toll inbound segments. This is what is happening at the Lincoln Tunnel. Waze is routing through non-toll segments the wrong way into Manhattan over segments like these.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
orbitc wrote:I think, this needs to addressed. That would be very dangerous, in most other circumstances. I'm guessing that something needs to be change in the algorithm that forces waze to choose the wrong way when no toll road option is enabled.
I totally agree. The issue was presented to waze almost as soon as the avoid toll roads option went live. But as you can see, it hasn't been solved yet.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Wajo357 wrote:Well... this can be mitigated by reducing the number of toll segments. Who has the guts to change the wiki? ;)
I'm not seeing how the reducing the number of toll segments mitigates the wrong-way over one-way segments problem.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Wajo357 wrote:
CBenson wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:Well... this can be mitigated by reducing the number of toll segments. Who has the guts to change the wiki? ;)
I'm not seeing how the reducing the number of toll segments mitigates the wrong-way over one-way segments problem.
Because once you pass the toll road segment, Waze won't give the restriction to the other segments thus trying to make you go the wrong way.
But the problem, like at the Linclon Tunne,l is that waze is finding a route without any segments marked as toll. As there is only a toll eastbound through the tunnel, waze will route eastward over the non-toll westbound lanes. As there will always be at least one toll segment for the proper eastbound routes, waze will continue to route eastward over the westbound lanes if you have avoid toll roads selected.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Daknife
The Exit right and Stay right instructions are also affected by they angle of the turn, less than 45 degrees will say "Keep right" or "Exit Right" More than 45 degrees will give a "Turn Right" command. So some of us will zoom all the way in and put a geometry node right next to the connection point to create a false 90 degree turn. I usually to this on right turn lanes to avoid ramp like instructions. It also helps avoid the keep left instructions just to go straight down the freeway. Put that micro dogleg at the beginning of the ramp and it will give the "Exit Right" command but say nothing about keeping left.

Here is an example. I'd been getting UR's about users being told to keep left when passing this interchange, so I installed a micro-dogleg and the UR's stopped. Zoom out and you can see how it looks like a normal off ramp.

Otherwise WeeeZer14 is 100% right on, but then he's been editing a few months longer than I.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Depends, how long is it going to be closed for? If just a few weeks it's not really advisable as updates are still hit or miss. If longer just go in and disconnect the off ramp, or post a permalink and one of us will do it, but you have to let us know at least a week before it opens in order to get it restored.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by danman1202
(New York issue)

Exit 41 N on the Southern State Parkway (Bay Shore Road) is not accessible and has not been for some time due to exit work (the exit is closed off but waze tries to send you through it)...is there a way for this to be fixed?
danman1202
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Wajo357 wrote: A perfect example:

I was just reviewing all of the segments in that area and noticed this small ramp segment was marked as a toll when it shouldn't have been since you COULD have taken it and then taken the next ramp to the left which is not a toll road.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... s=61815382

You know what they say... Keep it simple stupid
In this case, the Toll checkbox should be removed if there's a chance that Waze will route someone on that ramp and then off the other before the tolls.
I'm not sure the benefit of this policy is. What are we afraid the routing system of Waze will do if we unmarked all of these segments as a toll except for the one directly underneath the toll booth?
It's for purposes of marking the roads, if someone is reading the client like a map...this feature has not yet been implemented.
Edit: same with these:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 4,67654775
It seems like this path is a U-turn where you don't have to cross the bridge if you made a mistake. This can be a route without going through the tolls again.
Probably not as big of an issue, but you could remove the toll checkbox there too. There's no legitimate routing that would take someone there. They might do that if they're just running Waze with Navigation off.
Edit #2 - Shouldn't all segments before and after this ramp on the RFK bridge not be a toll once it passed the toll booth, since they don't "lead up to" any tolls anymore?
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=61552578
Yes, that needs to be marked Toll because there's no way to get to it without paying a toll.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I'm seeing conflicting information on these single letter street names. Please bring that discussion to the official TTS thread to get those questions answered.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15178
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
orbitc wrote: That's sounds good.
At least we know now that single or double quotes is the answer.
I will continue this topic at the TTS forum as Jason suggested.

Thanks for your tests Joey :)
The last post I found in the TTS thread seemed to indicate that the 'S' won't always work...what I'm unclear about is if that's on a street name, or just on a ramp name.

Gizmo's testing is very comprehensive and should give you every possible outcome.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message