A bunch of requests... NY/NJ area

Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Re: A bunch of requests... NY/NJ area

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 am

orbitc wrote:I was on Waze all day yesterday working on language translation that went to bed at about 1:00 am. You might noticed from my responses that I was up at 4:00 am. Off an on (mostly on) all day with Waze.
When look at the mirror I see Waze's logo... :D

lol
What language were you translating too?
Wajo357

Postby orbitc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 am

I was on Waze all day yesterday working on language translation that went to bed at about 1:00 am. You might noticed from my responses that I was up at 4:00 am. Off an on (mostly on) all day with Waze.
When look at the mirror I see Waze's logo... :D
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 am

orbitc wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:
orbitc wrote:At best I qualify this as Minor Highway, Not as a Mojor one.

I think we are only discussing whether it should be between those 2 (Primary/Freeway are definitely not in the discussion). What makes you think, based on the Wiki's description, it should be a minor highway?

I was looking one of the old post by one of the Waze Champs. I think, looking at it again, this seems more of a Major Highway. :?

I know... right??? lol.
Wajo357

Postby orbitc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:08 am

Wajo357 wrote:

I think we are only discussing whether it should be between those 2 (Primary/Freeway are definitely not in the discussion). What makes you think, based on the Wiki's description, it should be a minor highway?

I was looking one of the old post by one of the Waze Champs. I think, looking at it again, this seems more of a Major Highway. :?
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 am

Wajo357

Postby orbitc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 am

At best I qualify this as Minor Highway, Not as a Mojor one.
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 am

orbitc wrote:176: OK. Both names are correct but I would keep it uniform. Be consistent. Personally, for this road I would use McLean Blvd and add the State Route 20 as the alternate name. I think based on the below this could be classified as Primary

Freeway - ANYTHING limited access, be it Interstate, US Hwy, State Hwy, County Route, or any paved surface open to the public.

Major Hwy - US Hwy which is NOT a bypass or business route, plus those rare non-limited access portions of Interstates

Minor Hwy - State Hwys and US bypass and Business routes

Primary - County routes or any street favored by traffic

I think many of the ramps going to the 'highway' say "State Route 20". We would have to double check. If that is the case, it should say that.

In terms of road types, I envision:

Primary - A road, with lights and intersections, that are the main roads where cars can drive through in a town.

Minor Highway - A road, with lights and intersections, where "routing of through traffic is not a priority", but merely more of label on a highly congested road.

Major Highway - Higher speed, multi lanes, separated directions of traffic, limited access, local business access is restricted

Look at the street view here: http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?e ... BwPTUwODI=

This looks a lot like a Major Highway (Higher speed, multi lanes, separated directions of traffic, limited access, local business access is restricted) than a Minor Highway (http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?e ... FwcD01MDgy).

Am I wrong? I'm reading the wiki and it just sounds like it is mis-categorized. Maybe Weeezer14 would have insight. He is usually good with this type of stuff.
Wajo357

Postby orbitc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Wajo357 wrote:175) I didn't drive through there enough to play around with it. Right now the directions should work, although not 100% ideal. Still 99% better than it was.

Great. thanks
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby orbitc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 pm

176: OK. Both names are correct but I would keep it uniform. Be consistent. Personally, for this road I would use McLean Blvd and add the State Route 20 as the alternate name. I think based on the below this could be classified as Primary

Freeway - ANYTHING limited access, be it Interstate, US Hwy, State Hwy, County Route, or any paved surface open to the public.

Major Hwy - US Hwy which is NOT a bypass or business route, plus those rare non-limited access portions of Interstates

Minor Hwy - State Hwys and US bypass and Business routes

Primary - County routes or any street favored by traffic
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby Wajo357 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 pm

175) I didn't drive through there enough to play around with it. Right now the directions should work, although not 100% ideal. Still 99% better than it was.
Wajo357

PreviousNext

Return to Update/Unlock requests