Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Unlock level 3

Post by goxeman
Hello,

Ive been using Waze service for many years. Everytime I try to edit a map, mainly because there are permanent works within the road the "editor" tells me that I need to be level 3 or level 2.

Could someone unluck this for me so I could help everyone more often?

goxeman

POSTER_ID:17547839

Send a message

Post by jm6087
sudo-chmod-777 wrote:No!, i have to interrupt. In regions with not many wazer's this mechanic of <deep voice> "25k edits" just stops you from being helpful. In my opinion this weakens the whole system and makes Waze obsolete. Try to argue, but weak regions will not get better or appealing with that.

Yeah trolls or wrong edits are a problem, but why should i use Waze then overall, if even Apple Maps has Closures faster than Waze... Think about that...
You say that "this mechanic of "25k edits" just stops you from being helpful" Have you actually joined your regions communication platform and tried to get help with edits? Have you ever posted anything in your regions forum to get help with any edits (I can answer the second one - you have not since this is your first ever post anywhere in the Waze forums. Vince can possibly answer the first one since he is part of the Germany editing community.

So to argue that the system does not work when you haven't even participated in the system is what weakens then whole system.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by sudo-chmod-777
No!, i have to interrupt. In regions with not many wazer's this mechanic of <deep voice> "25k edits" just stops you from being helpful. In my opinion this weakens the whole system and makes Waze obsolete. Try to argue, but weak regions will not get better or appealing with that.

Yeah trolls or wrong edits are a problem, but why should i use Waze then overall, if even Apple Maps has Closures faster than Waze... Think about that...
sudo-chmod-777
Send a message

Post by vince1612
Hi,

This is not what this section of the forum is for. Your profile shows you've made a total of 2 edits around 377 days ago. Though this number may vary L3 is usually not given before 25'000 edits and L2 after 3'000 edits.
In addition it should always be discussed with your local community, not outside or around it like you're doing now, and someone already told you this before.

The lock levels on segments and places are not there to stop people from helping, but to protect the map from un-experienced editors who often break routing without realizing when making many un-skilled edits. That is why we have unlock requests forums, to temporarily unlock areas to allow new editors to edit, but at least under the supervision of someone more experienced.
Editing is a learning process, everyone should get levels after having taken the time to familiarize themselves enough with the Editor and how changes affect routing and the App not before, it would be too risky and even if the original intent is positive could have a very negative impact on the user experience.

Like I often say: Being a long-term Waze user does not make anyone a good editor, just like being a passenger on planes a lot does not make someone able to repair or fly the planes that they go on.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
sudo-chmod-777 wrote:No!, i have to interrupt. In regions with not many wazer's this mechanic of <deep voice> "25k edits" just stops you from being helpful. In my opinion this weakens the whole system and makes Waze obsolete. Try to argue, but weak regions will not get better or appealing with that.

I'm locking this thread as my answer was written for goxeman, who edits in Spain, which has a strong community and good amount of editors. And whom asked despite already having an answer on this elsewhere. So this case is closed.

It is not serious to just jump in and hijack a thread to debate on weak regions which is a totally different topic and unless I specifically said that I was speaking about those, you cannot pretend that it is what I was doing.
You will find a more general opinion here but which is again not written specifically on weak regions viewtopic.php?f=8&t=253579&start=10#p1822324

The general concensus is that any individual should always seek contact with other members of his/her community, if it exists, which can often be a solution to level-up early. If there is no community that is another topic, as I said and which is -again- not at all what I was discussing above. Please mind and think about context before posting.

The minimum numbers of edits are only mentioned because those values are the defaults that Waze Staff has decided to enforce for automatic level-up worldwide, so that is not an idea that we came up with but a hard-coded reality of the WME and it is their prerogative as owners of the content and tools. Of course you're free to disagree with staff.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png