Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Read the forum posting instructions.

If your country has a dedicated forum for unlocks or update requests. See this thread for details first.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST HERE

Read these rules:
1. Use this forum ONLY if your country does not have a Dedicated Forum for update requests.
2. Read the forum posting instructions.

Unlock Request: Level 5 Castro Valley CA

Post by Ruby799
I'm cleaning up some extra nodes and street names and I need to reattach this segment to a locked onramp. Requesting a Level 5 unlock or an update to enable both routes at the west end of this segment.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-122.0 ... s=61788002
Ruby799

POSTER_ID:11237260

Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
I fixed the turn restrictions. Take a look and let me know if they are correct.

In the future, when you post the permalink, be sure the segment you want unlocked is highlighted. A lot of the editors who check this forum do so from a portable device, and can't manually click around to find the segment you need unlocked, so it needs to be in the permalink.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
You highlighted correctly, but you highlighted the wrong segment. In that case, you needed to highlight the ramp, since it was the ramp that was locked (which locks the junction). You highlighted the new segment, which wasn't locked, but couldn't set the turn restrictions.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Ruby799
Hi Shawn

Thanks for taking a look and fixing that so quickly.

Can you clarify specifically how I would highlight the segment?

I had it selected, it was blue, the A and B junctions are labled, the street direction arrows and the two red route restrictions arrows were showing. When I click on the permalink in my original message that's what I see again. How to I further "Highlight" that segment?

Thanks,
Joe
Ruby799
Send a message

Post by Ruby799
Ah yes that's true. I thought it was more important to highlight the actual turn restrictions that needed to be fixed, vs the other locked segment that was the ancillary reason the restrictions couldn't be changed.

If someone tried to fix the highlighted turn restrictions they would quickly encounter the locked segment. However someone looking at just the locked segment wouldn't necessarily know what problem was trying to be solved by unlocking that segment.

Many people doing unlock requests seem to go ahead and fix the associated problem if it is clear and isn't too complicated. So I've tended to highlight the problem vs the segment to be unlocked. Maybe that's a bad approach.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Joe
Ruby799
Send a message