Trying to add an event - drop down city selection won't work

Post by AnnaTelensky
I was approved to add an upcoming event I'm producing in Seattle that will result in road closures. When I go to create the event the drop down city selection tool isn't working (won't give me any choices to select from) and because of this I'm unable to save my event or add the streets that will be closed.

I have filled out all the required fields, zoomed in on the city, tried listing the city as "none", and am still unable to save.

WAZE support and a moderator from the events forum have suggested that I may not have the appropriate permissions to submit an event and that I should try to coordinate with a local editor.

Is this something anyone might be able to help with? Thanks!
AnnaTelensky

POSTER_ID:17192575

Send a message

Post by AnnaTelensky
Yeah, I submitted my event using that, was approved, sent the message below, but it sounds like I don't have the permissions required to actually follow the instructions in this message to add the relevant road closures!

Our closures are pretty straight forward. On Sunday, May 28, 2017 the following roads will be closed for our event:

Occidental Ave S between Edgar Martinez Dr S and S Massachusetts St - 4am - 1pm
I-5 Express Lanes - 6am - 9:30am
SR 520 Eastbound between Montlake Blvd NE and NE 84th St - 6am - 10:15am
I-90 Express Lanes - 6:45am - 11:30am

Let me know if this is something you can help with! Thanks!

Message I received from WAZE after submitting the event -

Dear AnnaTelensky,

We are happy to report that your submission for Emerald Bike Ride has been accepted!

The event is now live. You can add the relevant road closures to the Waze Map Editor (WME). Learn how to add closures with the Waze Closures Manual.
View the affected area here: Permalink
Please note that if the information provided is incomplete or unverifiable, we may not be able to support this event.
Thanks for helping keep your local map up to date! If you have any questions, please visit the MTE Forum.

Happy Mapping,
Waze Team
AnnaTelensky
Send a message

Post by dude463
Hi AnnaTelensky, I do most of the road closures for Seattle and most WSDOT closures for the state within Waze. I can certainly help you out with the closures but it is odd that you can't fill out the form again. Seems like we should make it simple for you, not harder.

Please give me any info you have on the closures and I will look into it.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by dude463
OK, I have all of the closures set except the I-90 Express Lanes. I need to be able to reverse those during the normal course of time due to WSDOT trying to ease congestion at key times (Sounder games, Mariner games, large concerts, etc...). I will make sure that closure gets set as well as the push notifications go live on the week of the race. Thanks for all the info and for showing me what hoops they are making you jump through now. It would be helpful if they didn't act like you could set the closure yourself when you obviously can't.
dude463
Send a message

Post by dude463
The closures are set and folks should get push notifications over the next few days.
https://www.waze.com/events/emerald-bik ... 2017-05-28
dude463
Send a message