How to best help out

Post by usa_m4zlkynh
Hi,

I've recently discovered this world of map editing and I would really like to get involved and help out with the maps in my area. Does anyone have some good advice for gaining lock level permissions/ gaining experience while at level 1 editor?
usa_m4zlkynh

POSTER_ID:17877671

Send a message

Post by dude463
Welcome to editing. Your editing area is linked to where you've driven with the Waze app on and a good cell connection within the last 90 days. Keep that in mind if you visit an area and want to edit there.

If a road is locked above your level you can ask for an unlock. That's best done from discord but there is an unlock forum if you want to go that route. viewforum.php?f=622&sid=97d5e00ca5ca652 ... b02aa8bfb0 Be sure to read the three announcement posts to see how to go about doing it successfully.

Can I ask where you drive most? It will dictate where you can edit.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by helifino206
1) Choose a real username ('usa_*' is blocked from reaching higher ranks)
2) Follow the advice here: http://bit.ly/Rank1SKills
3) Join the regional discord: https://discord.me/wazenwr
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
In addition to reviewing the rank 1 skills charts (be sure to click on the links to get more information from the Waze Wikipedia), you can check out the Constructive work for new editors for ideas on what you can do.

However, joining the regional Discord chat that helifino206 invited you to will help you a lot. More experienced editors are happy to not only help you navigate the guidance and answer questions, but they can also point out work that you can do in the area you can edit.

I think it also makes it more fun when working together. I've enjoyed editing the map a lot more while participating in the community than I did before I found everyone. :D
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message