Post by jasonh300
sauermk97 wrote:It is still trying to route me over the bridge even though someone disconnected it.
It'll take a day or two for the client maps to update.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
htahta wrote:It looks that waze uses. The client road close option to reroute al the wazeers. This option works real time.
I think there are some more road closed. W Whitmarsh Rd and Stewart Rd.
There are rescue workers over there.
The road closed option isn't active (that I know of). The bridge was disabled from the editor last night, not long after it happened. It seems there was a Wazer on the bridge when it collapsed, and he/she sent an Update Request, which was responded to almost immediately. If the maps updated this afternoon, it may very well be live from the editor already.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
From what I'm seeing on the Livemap, something different has been done to force the closure. It looks like Waze may have intervened.

I'd provide a permalink to the Livemap, but it doesn't seem to work anymore :(

EDIT: Alan beat me to it. If you zoom in another notch, the road is colored in alternate red and white.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Are any of you actually paying attention? I already updated it yesterday and posted above when I did so, stating there wasn't enough notice for it to take effect on Wednesday.

@andrewressa, thanks for that and disconnecting Whitmarsh (again).
Hmm...so maybe someone needs to go in and re-connect this bridge. I hear it's open.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by razor2k
sauermk97 wrote:It is still trying to route me over the bridge even though someone disconnected it.
N.A. tiles still have to update before it takes effect.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by razor2k
Brought back sad memories of when the "old" Skyway bridge went down in 1980. I remember that well (as I was skipping school that day) we went down to Ft Desoto where they were bringing the bodies ashore. A Greyhound bus went over as well, I'll never forget that day till the day I die :cry:

razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by skbun
htahta wrote:@AlanOfTheBerg thanks ;)

A smale issue is still left routing. "get directions" on the live map routs you still a cross the bridge. It takes no note of the road closer signs. I think it needs a map update.
Knowing this is going to be a long term problem and that I'm almost certain no functional classification work has been done in that area I will do it in the next 2 hours. Stand by please.

I'll start at the bridge collapse and radiate my way outward, the theory being that anybody going a sufficiently long distance might find better alternate routes than 'Through Mount Vernon somewhere'.

Maybe someone with a friendly ear at Waze can have a tile update forced once I get done?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by skbun
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
skbun wrote:Maybe someone with a friendly ear at Waze can have a tile update forced once I get done?
I've asked for this before in similar situations and been told it isn't possible. Can always try again.
Well, I did get at least some of Mount Vernon done. There are about two or three more minor road bridges across the Skagit that perhaps Waze will at least consider now, when the tiles go through. If it's a day or two, that's still not too bad, really.

It may not get the people going north today for the long weekend, but it surely will help some when they return Sunday/Monday.
skbun
Send a message

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by skbun
Well...got a lot of work done in the area, classing roads in Mount Vernon, and nearby towns and places, proper exit names on I-5...it really feels a shame that this is the reason for going in and doing it, but...well, hopefully it helps people around town and travelling through, alike, to get through this mess.
skbun
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Wow! That is crazy!
thefatveganchef
Send a message