Gas Stations on Puerto Rico

Moderator: delilush

Re: Gas Stations on Puerto Rico

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

x556 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Looking at that sheet, so do you guys typically show prices in CENTS per liter at the stations?

Yes

Okay, and to the two decimal places as shown in that PDF? So the signs would show 82.88 cents/liter?
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[ img ]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14

Postby x556 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
x556 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Looking at that sheet, so do you guys typically show prices in CENTS per liter at the stations?

Yes

Okay, and to the two decimal places as shown in that PDF? So the signs would show 82.88 cents/liter?

Yes, typically gas stations show prices like this $0.828 since its been up to a dollar quite a few times, I'll take a picture soon since I'm Wazing around :)
LVL 3 Waze Map Editor from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
ENGLISH/SPANISH
[ img ]
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby x556 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 pm

x556 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:
x556 wrote:[quote="WeeeZer14"]Looking at that sheet, so do you guys typically show prices in CENTS per liter at the stations?

Yes

Yes, typically gas stations show prices like this $0.828 since its been up to a dollar quite a few times, I'll take a picture soon since I'm Wazing around :)[/quote]

Sorry for the lq pic, tapatalk doesn't let me upload a better q pic.

Here's an example [ img ]
Regular is $0.867
Premium $1.027
Oh and because "Puerto Rico does it better" usually gas stations charge depending on your pay type. If you pay cash it's cheaper than ATM. Some even show both prices outside, I was REALLY lucky to find this one without that genius policy. Apparently banks charge for every electronic transactions (which makes sense because your cash is SECURED somewhere else) and they pass that charge to us consumers... Sorry I was starting to get a little political here. Anyways if I would report a price I would report the most expensive, I believe that the cheapest price is just false advertisement. A really bad and usual practice in this island. Unless Waze goes the extra mile and give us the option to report both prices which in my opinion. NO
ENGLISH/SPANISH
[ img ]
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 pm

We have the situation with two prices in parts of the continental US as well. Many arguments over which one to use.

For the least significant digit in prices, is it always a 7 or does it vary? In the US it is ALWAYS a 9 as the last digit for example.
[ img ]
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
WeeeZer14

Postby x556 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:We have the situation with two prices in parts of the continental US as well. Many arguments over which one to use.

For the least significant digit in prices, is it always a 7 or does it vary? In the US it is ALWAYS a 9 as the last digit for example.

Interesting, I checked my recent fill ups I log with another app and yes, you're right, the thirds digit always end in 7. I guess u learn something new everyday.

My argument over which price to use stays the same as I stated before, I take that action as a ripoff and if I had a chance not to patronize such action I would, but basically all my local gas stations practice that policy... I would announce the ATM price thus letting people know of gas stations with lower prices or in other words, don't follow that policy... But in reality as opposed to what the government states, the price you pay with ATM is the current, but with cash is cheaper, not the other way around. Like saying that cash price is normal price and ATM price is the most expensive. I am so thrilled that the government thinks we could be so dumb... Sorry for involving politics again
I must say I'm surprised some states are doing the same thing, but it shouldn't surprise me, our government tends to mimic all that sort of stuff...
ENGLISH/SPANISH
[ img ]
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jonypony » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi guys,

I'd like to help but I need the following info:

1. The 3-4 most common gas-types
2. The price range for all of them

As soon as you can get it to me, I'll be able to help with the information update for PR.
-Yonatan
[ img ]
Waze so serious?

U.S.A./Canada/South-Africa/Australia community Manager
Waze Community & Support
jonypony

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Is any one able to answer Yonatan's questions? Once we have this info we can improve the way gas stations are working on PR for you all. Let us know if there are any questions about what is being asked.
[ img ]
WeeeZer14

Postby x556 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm

jonypony wrote:Hi guys,

I'd like to help but I need the following info:

1. The 3-4 most common gas-types
2. The price range for all of them

As soon as you can get it to me, I'll be able to help with the information update for PR.
-Yonatan

Sorry for the Delay ace!

Common Gas Types

Regular, Premium and Diesel

Prices ranging from
$0.70 to $1.50 more or less
ENGLISH/SPANISH
[ img ]
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 pm

x556 wrote:Common Gas Types

Prices ranging from

So no midgrade gasoline?
Same price range for all fuels?
[ img ]
WeeeZer14

Gas Stations on Puerto Rico

Postby x556 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:20 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:
x556 wrote:Common Gas Types

Prices ranging from

So no midgrade gasoline?
Same price range for all fuels?

No midrange

Premium and diesel will obviously always be more expensive, I couldn't really say if any of them would go below $0.70 per litter since we have new gas taxes rolling in and the Middle East problems now like in Egypt. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a whopping $2.00 per litter soon enough...

Why not keep all 3 types from $0.70 to $2.00, I think I know what you guys want to dodge, and that would be random ridiculous reports. Am I right?

In my post #13 you can see a picture of a digital banner which clearly demonstrates the correct format of the amount to pay in liters.
Last edited by x556 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENGLISH/SPANISH
[ img ]
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Puerto Rico