Anybody still here?

Moderators: delilush, crazycaveman, xanderb

Re: Anybody still here?

Postby bart99gt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:42 pm

I periodically stick my head in here since the area I manage overlaps a fair portion of SW TN and all of Memphis.
bart99gt

Postby crazycaveman » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Hey, tiamet! I am not a TN editor (though I do visit occasionally and will be there this weekend), but I have the same problem in SC. I would say start working on updating it yourself; that's what I did for my state and wound up making a few standards in the process since there wasn't a lot of input (oops! :D ). If you'd like, check out the SC wiki page which makes use of the new state template to give state pages a uniform look. If you'd like help setting that up on a test subpage, let me know and I can help. You might also consider getting in touch with theemike, who also seems to want to keep it up-to-date and still pokes around in here
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby grsmhiker » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Hey kyhtak, I'm fairly new, too (I joined about the same time as you) and have been getting slowly more proficient at editing. Have you read through the wiki yet?

Most of the times I've asked for help with higher level edits, I've noticed that most of the veteran editors are good about helpfully walking through the reasons why they make the changes they make. This has been great for learning how to do things the correct way in the future.

On that note, who's the best person to send level 5 update/unlock requests to? I've been posting in the unlock forum but it usually takes a few days to get a response there for TN requests. It doesn't appear that we currently have many editors or AM's very active in the Knox/Blount/Monroe area.
grsmhiker
State Manager
State Manager

Postby kirkosaurus » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Glad to see new editors that actually read the forums and the wiki! Seems to be a problem with a lot of new editors in the Nashville area that have started editing the maps and handling to UR's but is obvious they did not read the wiki beforehand.

grsmhiker wrote:On that note, who's the best person to send level 5 update/unlock requests to? I've been posting in the unlock forum but it usually takes a few days to get a response there for TN requests. It doesn't appear that we currently have many editors or AM's very active in the Knox/Blount/Monroe area.

Although I can't do you any good as I'm not in your area, I am a level 5 editor in the Nashville area if anyone need help with unlocks.
kirkosaurus
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kirkosaurus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi slow_si,

Everyone's pretty much in the Slack channel now. You see more activity there.
Here's an invite:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EDKDRA ... s/viewform
kirkosaurus
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kirkosaurus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Hey slow_si,

Please see a PM I sent you regarding some of your edits that need attention.
kirkosaurus
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby kyhtak » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:48 pm

I just found this forum for TN. I'm pretty new to map editing, and will be back, now that I've "found" this group. (It would be really nice if there was some way for new editors to be directed to their state forum as soon as they become editors.) I've really struggled to know who to ask questions, and where to even post them.
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby kyhtak » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi grsmhiker and theemike!

Thank you for responding to my post!!

grsmhiker wrote:Have you read through the wiki yet?

I've read a bunch of it, and have learned a lot. Trouble is, I can't always remember where I read something (in the past) that pertains to a particular question (when the question arises in the present), and I have trouble knowing how to find what I read again. I guess it just takes time . . . !

theemike wrote:Please post your questions or comments here or you can feel free to pm me or any other area manager, that's what we are here for

Thank you! I will . . . now that I know this sub-forum exists and who to PM. :)
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby kyhtak » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:31 pm

The best place to find TN editors is in the TN Google Hangout ubergenius started recently. There are 12 editors there so far. At least one or two of them can unlock most, if not all, of TN -- and you'll get your questions answered a whole lot faster there than in any Waze Forum.

There's also been discussion about the TN wiki, state highway naming conventions, and a bunch of other stuff, plus some general chit-chat.

If you'd like an invitation, send a gmail e-mail address to ubergenius (via pm) and he will be happy to invite you. If you don't have a gmail address, or don't want to give out your personal e-mail address, create a new one just for this purpose.

I'll have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about giving him my e-mail address, because I didn't know anything about him. (I did a little checking first.) I just used my regular gmail address, and it hasn't been even the tiniest bit of problem.

Please join us! The more of us there are, the easier it will be for us to work together and make TN a great state to Waze in.
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby LobstaJohnson » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Tiamet wrote:I know we still have editors in TN, but do any of you check in on this board still? As a newer editor, I'd like it if we could work on updating our Wiki page.

There is a Waze Discord server, where there is a lot of TN activity. If you're interested I'll try to find the link (I'm at work and can't find it).
LobstaJohnson

Next

Return to Tennessee