Switch to full style
Post a reply

Construction & traffic pattern

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:25 pm

More fun in Chattanooga traffic. I've attached a screenshot. This is directly from TDOT (TN Dept of Transportation). Smartway.tn.gov
Attachments
TDOT27Construction.png
See post for description
(155.61 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Re: Construction & traffic pattern

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks! Waze gave it to me. Special, right? I never gave myself one, so watch out nameless Waze-babies. ;) LOL. I guess I should log out & sign back in with my not so wicked long username I just gave myself....

OverthinkingMer

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Actually, you will be happy to know, Waze tried very hard to get my construction re-routing correct last night! It's a mess around there right now, TDOT has not done a great job of alerting motorist to exact changes, and following construction cones will eventually lead drivers back into 24 east. I'll say it again... Thank you Waze mapping folks! I'm sure y'all can get as frustrated as us drivers. Nothing is perfect, until its practiced.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:53 pm

I just had to reply because your username is wicked long. LOL.. :)

Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi, I am the Area Manager for Chattanooga. I, along with other editors in the area, have been monitoring the construction along US-27 closely and updating the map as appropriate. I know that the recent change to close I-24 East and route traffic off and on at Exit 178 is not yet routing correctly. Due to the re-route using a path that is normally illegal, we are having to wait for some map changes to process before the detour can be routed by Waze. Those should be reflected in your app any day now.

That said, are you aware of any other issues with the US-27 corridor project that are not mapped correctly in Waze?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:31 pm

We greatly appreciate the kind words. It can be frustrating, but rewarding to know that our efforts are helping drivers on the ground find their way. Hopefully we will be able to route users through the detour very soon.
Post a reply