New to editing

Post by Jonesey0623
So I was looking for a way to add my street since we live on a newly constructed street and it lead me to here. I added the street name and my house number (124 Farmbrook Ct, Murfreesboro TN) and I'm trying to figure out how long it will take before I can search for my address to set as home in the app.
Jonesey0623
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

POSTER_ID:17492617

Send a message

Post by cparishjr
Job6Happy, Please check your private messages. We use Discord to communicate and I believe someone has reached out to you. There are many people there that can answer questions.
cparishjr
Send a message

Post by job6Happy
How do we restrict roads for community pass cards for apartments or home complexes?
job6Happy
Send a message

Post by Jonesey0623
Awesome, thank you so much for the advice! I've submitted a request to join the slack group. I am interested in editing as well!
Jonesey0623
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by whathappened15
Hi Jonesey0623,
Welcome to Waze editing in Tennessee! First, to answer your question, the change you made today should go live in the app "LiveMap" in the next 48 hours, though on some occasions it can take closer to a week.

I've looked at the edit you made and we need to make one change to the work you did. You added Murfreesboro as the city name, which at face value would make sense because your mail says Murfreesoboro. However, you live outside the official city limits of Murfreesboro, so we need the city name to stay "No City" as set by the check box. Then we need to "Add alternate name" that says the street name again and there states Murfreesboro as the city name. So it should have these names:

Primary: Farmbrook Ct, No City
Alternate: Farmbrook Ct, Murfreesboro

This avoids what we call "City Smudge," where the city name that you sometimes see floating on the Waze app screen might appear outside of the city limits. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Smudged_city

We'd like to get you active in our community of map editors. If you are interested in helping us maintain and upgrade the map, let us know here and we'll get you the information to log into our editor messenger service, where we can help you learn and develop your editing skills.

You can also find some useful information on Waze editing at the Waze Editor Wazeopedia page, found here: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Wa ... or/Welcome

Thanks!
whathappened15
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by whathappened15
Great, make sure in your request to select the South Atlantic Region. And check your junk-mail folder. You should have gotten an email almost immediately from the Slack system.
whathappened15
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by whathappened15
Actually, please check your Private Message Inbox. I sent you a link to our new Discord messaging service, which is replacing Slack for our region.
whathappened15
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by whathappened15
Job6Happy - to answer your question, private apartment and home complexes do not use the Restrictions system, as Waze has no way for them to enter their resident pass. That system is reserved for DOT-issued transponder passes (Peach Pass, etc) that are used in some states for toll roads.

The correct mapping of Private Communities is discussed in the Waze wiki, here: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Pr ... tallations

That's a pretty long page, but if you skim through the Contents section you can find a quick link to your situation, as well as some background info. Please let us know if you have any questions. I'll send you a PM here with an invitation to the Discord server.
whathappened15
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message