Navigating to the wrong location

Post by Il_Cygne
I work for Scenic City Orthodontics, in Chattanooga, and we've been getting reports that when people use Waze to navigate to our office they are getting the right address but it's taking them to the old (wrong) office.

The correct location is on Jenkins Rd. Our old office was on Shallowford. I have not been able to duplicate this myself, but have gotten reports of it about 2-3 times a month on a regular basis and it's always Waze that they are using for naviagtion.

Can anyone provide feedback for me? What do we need to do to resolve this?
Il_Cygne

POSTER_ID:17916793

Send a message

Post by Il_Cygne
Thanks for the responses. The old location address was 7003 Shallowford Rd.

I was wondering if a favorited/stored location might be the issue. We will discuss this with our patients who are telling us they have issues and see if that resolves it.

Thank you so much!!!
Il_Cygne
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
Hi!

Waze is routing me to the correct location on Jenkins Rd, north of Standifer Gap Rd.

(I live in southwest Bradley County, and am in the Gunbarrel Rd / Shallowford area on a fairly regular basis.)

After looking at the place in the Waze Map Editor, I don't see any reason why Waze would give an incorrect destination.

I've sent a message to one of our Tennessee State Managers (who was the last one to edit the information for your office on June 18, 2019), but he seems to be off line right now. I've included a link to your post in my message to him; hopefully he can solve this, and both of us will learn something.

Kathy
Cleveland / Bradley County, TN, editor
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
Hi again!

I was just reading another "wrong address" Forum Post . . . and I think I might have an answer. If the people who are getting routed to your old office haven't visited the new office since you relocated, and still have the old address listed in their favorites, or in their search history, that is probably the culprit.

They will need to delete the old location from both their search history and favorites (if it is there) or or Waze will be take them to the old location.

Just a thought.

Kathy
Cleveland / Bradley County editor
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by Luke6270
Hi, do you know or can you tell me the address of the old location? I would like to make sure there is not a place point left over on Shallowford Rd that may be causing confusion.
Using my own app, only the Jenkins Rd address resulted from a search result and it seemed to route as expected for me as well.

I agree with Kathy, that anyone that has the old location stored in their app as a favorite is probably being routed to the old location stored in memory.
You will want to delete the search history in the app (including any Work or Favorites settings) and then create a new search. To do this 1) tap the search magnifying glass in the bottom left. 2) Scroll down to the history location you want to remove. 3) Tap the 3 dots on that item. 4) Tap the Remove or trash can icon. For more information see this Waze support link: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262570?hl=en

After this is done you (or anyone else) can create a new search and this should refresh the app's directions.

Let us know if this helps!

Luke
Knoxville, TN
Luke6270
Send a message

Post by Luke6270
I've verified there is nothing mapped in Waze for your office at the 7003 Shallowford Rd address. Ideally nobody should be routed there going forward. If so, it is probably stored in their app's favorites or previous places. Hope this helps!
Luke6270
Send a message