Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Private Name Change

Post by ab2b54cb2ee2474ea8c87065568fdd3f
How do I change the name of a private road in Waze? Cragstone Rd in Talking Rock, GA, in Pickens County. In 2015, the name was changed to Rhodes Hill Farm Place. In 2021, it was changed to Reed's Ridge Trail. Please let me know how to get this changed in Waze so people can use your app to find our house.
ab2b54cb2ee2474ea8c87065568fdd3f

POSTER_ID:17982633

Send a message

Post by ab2b54cb2ee2474ea8c87065568fdd3f
Hi there! Thank you so much for your help! I can now map to 225 Reed's Ridge Trail now but it is showing Atlanta, GA instead of Talking Rock, GA. And, is there any way to change the map to show Reed's Ridge Trail for the road - it is still showing Cragstone?
ab2b54cb2ee2474ea8c87065568fdd3f
Send a message

Post by ramblinwreck_81
Hello, it looks like you figured it out. I did modify it slightly after you to be consistent with standard rules for editing. To avoid a thing called city smudge, we add the postal city only as an alt name when the segment is outside the city limits. Either way, having the postal city will definitely improve routing along with the correct segment name.

Thanks.
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by ramblinwreck_81
The correct location and address with the Atlanta as the city is a bug with the Waze app. I will use this example in the existing bug report we have made with Waze. Please be patient in the resolution. This bug has existed at least six months to my knowledge.

With respect to your last question, I don't understand. The road shows "Reed's Ridge Trail" on the Waze map. It is possible that you are searching for the correct addresss (Reed's Ridge Trail) and getting a google return and google may not have updated their road name yet. Let me do some investigation.
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message