5800 Peachtree Industrial Blvd - Atlanta/Norcross

Moderators: delilush, driving79, itzwolf

5800 Peachtree Industrial Blvd - Atlanta/Norcross

Postby CrossFitGeek » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Here's a tricky one. I'm submitting it, though I doubt there's anything that can be done about it.

User submitted an error report stating that Waze took them to the wrong location:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 293&zoom=6

The user searched for, and was taken to, 5800 Peachtree Industrial. What they didn't know, and apparently Waze didn't give them the option of selecting, was that there are TWO 5800 Peachtree Industrial Blvds -- one in Norcross (30071), and one inside the perimeter, with an Atlanta zip (30341). While the user needed to go to the latter, Waze directed them to the former, probably because it was closest to them.
CrossFitGeek

Re: 5800 Peachtree Industrial Blvd - Atlanta/Norcross

Postby CrossFitGeek » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:11 pm

That's kind of what I figured - but I also figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :)
CrossFitGeek

Postby wmadjones » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Unfortunately, the only thing we can really do here is advise the user to always verify the city when selecting an address. And in Atlanta, make sure you know if there's a NW/NE/SW/SE on the address - those make a big difference as well.
[ img ]
David Jones
Fixing the southern suburbs of Atlanta one segment at a time
wmadjones

Postby XKSpeed » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 pm

CrossFitGeek,
When it's a business and there's something wrong with the nav, I've added a Place Point for it and instructed the Wazer to look it up by business name next time. It's a good method because when the Google point is off it takes weeks to get corrected but the Waze change appears in only a few days.

wmadjones wrote:in Atlanta, make sure you know if there's a NW/NE/SW/SE on the address

Um yeah, I'm still trying to get Google to fix one of those on Valley Hill Rd in Riverdale. Fighting round two now after the first request was denied. :cry:
XKSpeed
State Manager
State Manager

Return to Georgia