Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by MGODLEW
Did they ever release updated functional class maps?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MReiser
We need to update the PA Wiki page as there are now functioning red light cameras in other municipalities other than Philadelphia. For instance, Abington Township, Montgomery County has three intersections with red light cameras in operation and issuing fines.

I made an update in this thread.

I'm not sure the best way to amend the wording, do we want to list the municipalities as they are installed? The list right now, as far as I am aware, is only Philadelphia and Abington Township although two of the cameras in Abington Township are actually in the Willow Grove CDP.

Thoughts?
MReiser
Send a message
https://j.mp/1ofo6nc https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... 00k_4c.png
Delaware State Manager / Level 4 editor - Philadelphia metro
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2) w/ Waze v3.9.0.0

Post by MReiser
Ok, that look s good. The Wiki stated that only Philadelphia had red light cameras at this time, which was out of date. I wanted to make sure nobody deleted functional ones based on the Wiki.

I found a more current list of Philadelphia red light cameras from AAA Mid-Atlantic. As of May 2014, there are 27 intersections with red light cameras: http://midatlantic.aaa.com/~/media/File ... May14.ashx
MReiser
Send a message
https://j.mp/1ofo6nc https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... 00k_4c.png
Delaware State Manager / Level 4 editor - Philadelphia metro
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2) w/ Waze v3.9.0.0

Post by mtb2314
Hi everyone. Just wanted to offer to help update the PA wiki if I find links that are out of date. I noticed some links on the PA Resources wiki are going to a forwarding page on PennDOT's web site. I was offering to fix and voludu2 suggested leaving a note here. Thanks in advance and I look forward to helping out in PA.
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 4
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD State Manager / USA Country Manager
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat
Waze Editing Best Practices

Post by no1uknow
Should the wiki page be updated to show editor Rank instead of Level?
I'd be glad to do it if everyone thinks it's ok...

http://www.waze.com/wiki/Pennsylvania#Area_Managers
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
MGODLEW wrote:Looks like No1uknow beat me to it..lol. Thank! :-)
I don't always remove colons, but when I do, it's usually painless... :lol:
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
Since we're discussing ramps, the wiki is ambiguous:
Ramps
When naming Ramps to state routes, use the SR-111 or the PA-111 formats only.

I've been told to keep it consistent and use only the SR-111 format. I think we should decide one way or the other and edit the wiki accordingly. If there is a special exception, then use PA-111.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
MGODLEW wrote:
jondrush wrote:Proposed Text:
Most State Route with 4 digits (e.g. State Rte 3001) should have the road type classification set as a Primary Street. Some 4-digit State Routes are numbered for legacy or maintenance reasons, but they do not serve as primary thoroughfares for the area and should be classified as Streets.
Works for me, I've been working on trying to "reword" some of the phrasing and adding more details to somethings to try and make it more understandable for editors as some of it was confusing.
Using State Rte for these roads can be confusing because we use State Rte for 2-3 digit state routes. Can we use SR for these since shield generation is not intended for them? (*Note that Google maps now shows these roads with a shield.) This would be applicable only when there is no local name for the road.
Also, I've seen several of these roads in the editor that are marked as minor highway. Is there any reason for that? (These examples are "country" roads that run between state highways.) I've been marking these as primary streets but am hesitant to edit the work of others until this is clarified. (I know what the wiki says...)
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
MGODLEW wrote:Suggested Change:
City names are not required on Freeways and Ramps and may interfere with navigation instructions at ramp interchanges on all highway types. Set city names on highway segments which junction with ramps or on ramps, only if you know how to avoid the navigation problems.
The only city name that should be applied to a segment is the incorporated municipal name or the official 2010 Census Designated Place (CDP) name. Do not use other unincorporated names such as villages or neighborhoods. Do not use postal names or areas.
Txemt: brought up a good point today, I think we should consider adding city names to freeways. For example, if there is an accident on I-80, if there is no city name it will just say accident on I-80, if there is a city name added, at least it can give wazers some sense of where the accident's exact location is instead of it just sayings "somewhere on I-80"
I saw this the other day. Accident on I-81 with no location. If it's a desolate area using a name of a town that no one's heard of, does it really help? You can just click the report and be taken to the location.
It also adds city names to the app display that don't serve a real purpose in rural areas.
I understand Jon's indifference because there are obviously pros and cons.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
jondrush wrote:Hey all, Penna will now expand to Pennsylvania in TTS if you put a period after it. I've updated the wiki accordingly. Please change the ramps in your area. If they are above your lock level, PM the link to me and I will fix it.
So, pretty much Penna Turnpike ramps? Anywhere else would this be applicable?
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
Harrisburg, PA, USA