Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Error with Address Locations

Post by BMW_Maestro
Okay I am not sure this is the right place to post this, however, since I am currently having the issue in PA right now I figure I would post it here to see what the higher level editors think.

I have a situation where someone posted that an address was wrong and waze routed them to the wrong place. If I put the address into the map editor Waze put the location right where is belongs, however, if I put the address into the live map on Waze it puts it down the road. If I go to Google Maps it also put it at the wrong location, it may actually put in two different location. I have also gone to Bring Maps and Mapquest and they all put it in the right location. Also if you zoom in on Google maps a business shows up and if you click on it the correct address for the business shows for that location less the East in the street name.

I have read and been told that Waze has been relying more and more on Google to provide POI and such and is the default search unless you select Waze. In this case Google Maps is completely wrong and since you are using an address not a business names you can not request to have the pin moved. I have seen this a number of times recently and can not seem to find good fix

Here is the specific on the current one.

Address 125 E Count Line Rd Warminster PA

Waze editor location (note when you enter that address Waze does not give you the E option)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 165&zoom=3

Put the address into Google maps and you get, wrong location.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/125+W ... 59ffee778e

Notice Google when to West County Line road which they claim to be Hatboro and it is not

If you drop the E from the address Google puts you at the same location

Now if you go into the Waze app and do a search on the address and select Waze as the default search you get the following option to click on

125 County Line Rd, Warminster Heights, Warminister PA and this gets you to the right location

But putting that address into Waze Live Maps online get you to the wrong location but putting the E back in gets you to the right location

Google still puts in the wrong location. The Only way to get google to find the correct location is to us put in the Business name which is ABB at Warminister.

Most time I seen where google had the pin location for a business wrong and putting in a request fixes it. However, google has some locations completely wrong no where near its actually location and if waze is using the GSP coordination of the Google location the person will never get there, but usually using the Waze location solves this problem, Again even Waze is wrong unless you found the address above and that is not correct since there no town or mailing address known as Warminster Heights other than a apartment complex.

Any idea on this since I run in to a few of these recently and gave up on trying to fix them.
BMW_Maestro
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

POSTER_ID:16945305

Send a message

Post by BMW_Maestro
Okay not sure why I did not see this the first going through this, the Waze map does not show county line as east and west as google does. I am think this is what is causing the problem in the case, but again Google has not clue where the address is.
BMW_Maestro
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by BMW_Maestro
I have read that and know about Google providing the GPS coordinates and I have made a number of requests on Google Maps to have a pin marker move to the correct location. Honestly, something got screwed up in the last few months with Google and Waze. Another example, I had may work location set and it navigated me to the front door for the last year, about a month ago all of a sudden Waze is sending to a road on a the golf course behind my work. could not figure what was going on.

Over the last month I figure out what happen, first the Waze app updated to the new version, the second thing was Waze in the update defaults to Google Maps for the POI and address GPS locations. Because of this Waze was now using information from Google which put the GPS location pin at the back of the property where I work which is closer to the road to the golf club. I can still go into waze and force it to use waze for the address location and it finds it correctly, but it a one time thing since the work favorite keeps defaulting to the Google location. I have put in a request to Google Maps to move the location of the pin but it has not happen. It appears they have been extremely slow on may any updates.

Back to this situation, it is not County Line Commerce Center ABB actually have their own building with the correct address of 125 E County Line Rd. As Noted about County Line in Waze does not have East and West designation so that is part of the issue, the real issue is the fact that Google maps have no idea where 125 E County Line Rd is. I noticed Maps is now behaving Google Search, if making address suggestion and if it can not find something is give back the nearest thing it thinks is correct. In this case it can not find 125 E County Line so it assuming you mean 125 West County Line.

I have been seeing more and more example of this where people report being navigate to the wrong location it is google send them to the wrong location
BMW_Maestro
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Have you referred to this? https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/FAQ#What_do_ ... ocation.3F

Is the address suppose to go to County Line Commerce Center?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“