Missing Road Section on PA Turnpike

Post by BMW_Maestro
Need a level 5 editor to fix this issue, was just reported today.

If you go to the live map you can see a section is in fact missing and it is the small section in the editor map which is set up as a Ramp. I drove through here last week and had some weird behavior, it was trying to make me exist prior to this section and get on the turn pike at another location. I did not notice the missing section myself.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=66176615
BMW_Maestro
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

POSTER_ID:16945305

Send a message

Post by kodi75
This is called a Wayfinder Segment - in this case it helps drivers by telling those continuing on 476 to "Keep Left" and those exiting to "Keep Right."
Wayfinder
Road segments designed to give instructions that Waze would otherwise not give to drivers. This is often done where the default instructions might confuse the driver, or fail to make a correct maneuver. Wayfinders almost always occur at a fork, and use short extra segments, differing road types, specially-named segments, or all three to accomplish their goals.

Wayfinders may be used for exit-only lanes, multiple road branches, turn instructions needed where exit ramps transition to local streets or other highways, or to avoid accidentally taking any of the above. It is a complex topic, and relies on in-depth understanding of Waze's standard rules for generating instructions. See the See Junction Style Guide for more information.
For more information, see this Waze Wiki Page.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kodi75
I agree. I'll bring this to the attention of another (higher ranked) editor.

[EDIT - I posted a note in the US Update Request Forum]
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Kraz31
2 quick questions about that Wayfinder segment.

1. Isn't that wayfinder segment too long? Doesn't the wiki recommend it be 5m/16feet? 46 meters seems like an awfully long wayfinder.

2. Is there a reason that the wayfinder segment and the surrounding ramp segments at 276 & 476 aren't set to Toll?
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

I don't get lost, I accidentally go on adventures.

MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“