US Road Names and Types

Post by orbitc
Please update PA roads accordings with US Standards.
Please see wiki for US Road naming standards here.
Road Names:
  • INTERSTATE:
    • I-80 E
    • I-295 N
  • US HIGHWAYS:
    • "Split" (1-way) segments: US-46 W
    • "Unsplit" (2-way) segments: US-206
  • STATE ROUTES:
    • "Split": SR-17 S
    • "Unsplit": SR-27
    • OFFRAMP:
      • numbered exit: Exit 8C: Monmouth Blvd
      • numbered exit with multiple names: Exit 135: Clark / Westfield
      • non-numbered exit: to US-9 S / Lakewood
    • ONRAMP:
      • to I-80 W / Delaware Water Gap
      • to I-287 N / Morristown / Mahwah
      • to US-1 S TRUCK / US-9 S TRUCK / Port Newark / Newark Airport
        • The TRUCK (or any other) qualifier is added after each highway name, even though the US-1&9 run concurrent in this stretch. This is done so as not to confuse unfamiliar drivers who may otherwise think the TRUCK qualifier only applies to US-9.
      • to US-1 S / US-9 S / Raymond Blvd
        • For consistency any time there are concurrent US or state highways the name should be listed individually (not as "to US-1-9 S").
      • Local roads should have names as they appear on municipal street signs.
      • For roads that have both highway markers and signed local municipal names, always enter the local municipal name in the primary name row of the road. Any highway marker references can be entered into the alternate name rows, but be sure to use a separate alternate name row for each marker in the case of coinciding routes.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:8359316

Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by voludu2
Re: Functional Classification -- road type changes

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/National_res ... sification says we should choose waze road types by functional classification. Are these changes something that junior editors should seek out and bring to the more experienced editors who can actually make the changes?
For example, I can use a county map of Chester county PA to identify a small section of Rt 100 that should be upgraded to Freeway because the PennDot has classified it as "Other Freeways and Expressways" and marked it as such (maroon from the SR-30 bypass south to 202, save for a short section at the Exton train station) on the county FC map ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BP ... scty15.pdf

Would that be welcome?
voludu2
Send a message