Wayfinder Segment for I-76E in Philly?

Post by Kraz31
There are several URs around the exit from I-76E to I-676E concerning the lack of directions given to stay on I-76. Would it be appropriate to add a wayfinder segment here?
I think it fits two criteria under in wiki:
The continuation path on a controlled-access highway or freeway has the same amount or fewer lanes as the exit path after the split
->676 and I-76 both have two lanes after the split
The continuation path on an uncontrolled highway, or when an exit is present on the atypical side, has at least one fewer travel lanes after the exit than before it;
->the exit to -676 is located on the left, which is atypical (although no so atypical in PA), and has 2 lanes after the exit as compared to 3 before the exit.

I'm not sure what the general consensus is on wayfinder segments, but I think they're pretty helpful in navigation. And while I'd hope that drivers are paying attention to the road and the available signage (i.e. avoid the left lane when the signage says "left lane must exit"), that isn't always the case.

Any thoughts, feedback, and/or volunteers to add the segment since I'm too low of a rank?
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

POSTER_ID:15549803

Send a message

I don't get lost, I accidentally go on adventures.

Post by jondrush
I don't think we need the "International Airport" in the wayfinder name. Personally that would irritate me to hear that.

I think the wayfinder at the Blvd split would be a good idea.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
I got rid of "International Airport" and changed Dogshrink's wayfinder back to Freeway.

I added the wayfinder for I-76 W at the Rt-1 split. But we need to watch for complaints that people think they should get off the ramp. It's not hard to change it back.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
I switched these to ramps, now watch the complaints roll in.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Kraz31
That looks good to me. I'd also like to see a wayfinder segment where I-76W splits into the Boulevard but I don't recall ever seeing URs over there, so I'm not going to push my luck.
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Kraz31
I drove by wayfinder where 76 and 676 split this morning and I was going to comment and agree that "International Airport" should be removed, since it isn't on the sign at the split, but you beat me to it.

I'll keep my eye on the wayfinder at the Rt-1 split. I drive by there almost daily, so I'll be able to give some feedback once it updates.
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Kraz31
I drove by both wayfinder segments and neither have any turn instructions. Should we switch then to ramps or change the angle?
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Kraz31
Been really busy lately so I haven't been editing or visiting the forums, so I'm a little late with the reply, but I don't think I'm getting instructions when I was through those wayfinders.
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Kraz31
Yup. No prompt to stay right for I-76 E (or prompt to stay left at the other wayfinder).
Kraz31
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Kraz31 wrote:Been really busy lately so I haven't been editing or visiting the forums, so I'm a little late with the reply, but I don't think I'm getting instructions when I was through those wayfinders.
I think you might be right, just ran a route test, there is no prompt to stay right for I-76 E, is that the instruction you believe you are missing?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“