Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

City Names for PLRs?

Post by DLLHell
Under the Cities and towns section of the PA Wiki page, it states:
every segment of every Minor Highway, Primary Street, Street, Private Road, Parking Lot Road, and Dirt Road/4x4 Trail should have a city name applied to it
There has been some discussion in the Hangout about the necessity of assigning Cities to unnamed PLRs, however, with no one sure why the extra effort (however minor) is beneficial. Named PLRs probably do require City Names to prevent smudging.

If there's no reason to keep it as it is, I'd suggest distinguishing between unnamed and named PLRs, removing unnamed ones from the paragraph above and adding them to freeways and ramps in the next paragraph, where city names are not required.
DLLHell
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:16780772

Send a message

Post by qwaletee
City names are useful for UR reporting.

BTW, a segment with an unnamed city can't cause a smudge. Smudges happen when a city is in a part of the map where it doesn't belong.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by roarlions1
should we not post the city names on the PLRs then b/c an editor assigns incorrectly? I would think we as AMs can clean that up when not correct. A simple highlight review can identify misplaced townships. The larger issue as I see it would be when post offices are used instead of CDP/township info.
roarlions1
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message