Road Closure in Ross Township

Post by fdhornjr
Hello everyone.

The section of Evergreen Road between Park Place and Thompson Run Road has been closed for a few weeks for significant repairs to the adjacent hillside (rock falls, etc).

I don't have access on my account to mark this section of road as closed, but I wanted to bring it to the attention of someone who could edit it. I know Waze points me down this road quite a bit when Babcock is experiencing congestion.

Thanks, all!
fdhornjr

POSTER_ID:17443625

Send a message

Post by fdhornjr
I'm not sure. I can call the township on Monday and see when they think it will be fixed. I know it's been closed for at least a few weeks.
fdhornjr
Send a message

Post by fdhornjr
I'll let you all know when I find the expected reopening date. For some reason the "closure" tab on my editor is blank, even when I enable the closure layer.
fdhornjr
Send a message

Post by fdhornjr
Here's what I found out from Allegheny County public works -
We are currently working with the property owner to repair the slope to a point where we will feel comfortable reopening the road. The property owner has hired an engineering firm and has shown good faith that he plans to fix the slide. This is a costly and time consuming process and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. At this time it is premature for us to put a timeline on when the road will reopen. However if we feel that the property owner is not progressing or delaying the process we will take appropriate steps. Thank you.
I drive by it almost everyday, so I'll notify someone when it reopens.
fdhornjr
Send a message

Post by fdhornjr
Evergreen Road between Park PL and Thompson Run Road is mistakenly being shown as open. Unfortunately, it is still closed while the county engineers try to get approval from a landowner to fix the hillside.
fdhornjr
Send a message

Post by fdhornjr
The road opened back up this weekend. Still some construction equipment on the road that will be moved by EOD Monday, August 27th 2018.
fdhornjr
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Thanks for the notice. Any idea how long this will be closed?
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
Thanks for the update, it looks like the closure had expired back in June and was never extended, so the road is open now for routing.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by unlimited1808
I closed it until the end of July for now. Reply to this thread when you find out an expected reopening and someone can update the closure.
unlimited1808
Send a message

unlimited1808
Send a message