Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Dangerous Turn

Post by andreabklyn
Waze directions to 555 Prospect St, Hawley, PA, creates a dangerous turn. The directions should be Rt 6 (Main Ave) to - Spruce St- right turn onto Prospect. Instead it directs people to 590 (Hudson St) then right onto Prospect St. From that direction one cannot make the turn into 555 Prospect St driveway because the turn is a K turn and takes dangerous maneuvers in a mountain side. I tried to attach pictures but error stated file too big. Thank you for your help.
andreabklyn

POSTER_ID:17890845

Send a message

Post by andreabklyn
Thank you for your help and your time! We tell people to put the Settlers Inn into Waze and then to give us a call for the rest of the directions. Thanks again!
andreabklyn
Send a message

Post by andreabklyn
You are correct; the east portion or Prospect St is unpaved, rutted and rocky and only one car can fit at a time. It is generally used only by the people that live on it. If you are looking at a satellite picture you can see where the trees take over, right after 412 Prospect St. After that point there are only 3 houses with driveway access until you reach Hudson St. (Rt 590).
Thanks again and let me know if you need any other assistance :)
andreabklyn
Send a message

Post by andreabklyn
Hi Mike, just wanted to let you know that Waze finally updated the directions! Thank you so much for all your help. For whatever reason, it hasn’t updated the directions on my boyfriend’s android but it seems to be working fine in the apple community. Thanks again, Andrea
andreabklyn
Send a message

Post by RussPA
andreabklyn wrote:For whatever reason, it hasn’t updated the directions on my boyfriend’s android but it seems to be working fine in the apple community.
Double check the setting "Avoid difficult intersections" under Navigation settings, make sure it is set to Always. Otherwise the app will not avoid those difficult turns. I'm not sure what the default setting is, Always or Never, but that is likely the issue on that Android phone.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by sikemever
I will take a look and advise. Mike. PA State Manager. Local from WLE in Paupack
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by sikemever
Ok. We have made some changes to the map to accommodate your unique situation. We did not disable the left turn onto Prospect from Hudson because it appears to be a legal turn and that would affect everyone who lives on that road. Instead, we added your driveway to Waze (As best we could estimate where it is) and disabled the right turn INTO the driveway and also the left turn OUT of the driveway from/to Prospect. This will be effective when you see your driveway appear on your Waze app in about 1-3 days. I will drive by that intersection to see if additional settings are required to make the left turn from Hudson a difficult turn in Waze. Your issue should now be resolved. //MIKE
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by sikemever
No problem neighbor. You can help me with one more thing. It "appears" that a portion of Prospect is not paved near the Hudson St. side. Can you confirm or deny that? Whether or not a road is paved is an attribute in Waze that we set because some people prefer to avoid unpaved roads if possible. I set the first section to unpaved about up to your house but it appears paved on the rest of Prospect. Can you help us out with that?
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by sikemever
Excellent. I'll made some additional adjustments. Let me know once my changes show up and you have tested it to let me know if it works ok for you. Regards //MIKE
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by sikemever
Glad it worked. Have your boyfriend delete any history from Waze and search again for your house. See you around Hawley. Mike
sikemever
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message