Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Fixing UR's in PA

Post by orbitc
  • If a UR is older than a week, it gets marked as "not identified" unless it's something that is obvious and can be fixed (but just fell in between the cracks).
  • If there's active conversation going on between the reporter and editor(s), and it's older than a week, don't close it out.
  • If it's under a week old, and no one has commented on it, make an inquiry with the driver to see if they'll respond. So, leave it open.
  • If there is an inquiry and no response, contact one of the editors who have commented on it.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:8359316

Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by CGI-BIN
Should it be closed 7 days after the initial report, or after the last comment? Particularly if the editor asked for a reply and put in the comments a disclaimer along the lines of 'If no response is received within 7 days, your report will be closed and marked "Not identified."'

I had thought 7 days from adding that comment, however I've been having other editors closing the reports I had responded to 7 days from the initial report.

I realize that the area managers want to keep the map clean of open reports, but maybe allow the initial responder the opportunity to close the report. Maybe give an extra day before closing a report someone else was working on?
CGI-BIN
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by CGI-BIN
I have two other editors jumping in a closing the issues I've been working on. One is a lvl4 area manager, who I assume is just trying to keep things tidy. However, I always say something along the lines of "If no response is given within 7 days this request will be closed as 'Not Identified'" ... The other editor is only level 1 and jumping in and closing my requests 7 days after the initial report, which is usually only 6 days after I have replied. I would hope they are only trying to be helpful and not trying to take credit for closing issues. :(
CGI-BIN
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by G_W1Z
orbitc wrote:
  • If a UR is older than a week, it gets marked as "not identified" unless it's something that is obvious and can be fixed (but just fell in between the cracks).
  • If there's active conversation going on between the reporter and editor(s), and it's older than a week, don't close it out.
  • If it's under a week old, and no one has commented on it, make an inquiry with the driver to see if they'll respond. So, leave it open.
  • If there is an inquiry and no response, contact one of the editors who have commented on it.
Thanks for the clarification. This helps.
G_W1Z
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania SM | New Jersey LAM | District of Columbia & Maine AM
USA Regions: NOR, MAR, NER
A phoenix out of the ashes...together building a more perfect map.
» Waze Etiquette | PA Wiki | Glossary | Places | Lanes | Shields | JSG | Scripts «
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... anager.pnghttps://j.mp/2X2TtcVhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/3o2pi4wjn6w1s ... .jpg?raw=1https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yezyes6g ... 0rem&raw=1

Post by no1uknow
If the reporter doesn't reply after a week, and the error is not detectable, should it be marked as 'solved' or 'not identified?' I've been marking these as solved if I don't believe there is any way for someone else to "fix" it (usually general error reports). If it looks like an app issue or something funny with the GPS trace, I'll mark it not identified.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by no1uknow
orbitc wrote:
no1uknow wrote:If the reporter doesn't reply after a week, and the error is not detectable, should it be marked as 'solved' or 'not identified?' I've been marking these as solved if I don't believe there is any way for someone else to "fix" it (usually general error reports). If it looks like an app issue or something funny with the GPS trace, I'll mark it not identified.
If it's UR and you didn't do anything to fix, then: not identified
If it's MP and you fixed it or no fix needed, then: solved
didn't do anything = no fix needed = solved? 8-)
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by orbitc
no1uknow wrote:If the reporter doesn't reply after a week, and the error is not detectable, should it be marked as 'solved' or 'not identified?' I've been marking these as solved if I don't believe there is any way for someone else to "fix" it (usually general error reports). If it looks like an app issue or something funny with the GPS trace, I'll mark it not identified.
If it's UR and you didn't do anything to fix, then: not identified
If it's MP and you fixed it or no fix needed, then: solved
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
didn't do anything = no fix needed = solved?
Since you haven't done anything to fix: Non-identified.
If no fix needed: Non-identified.. with a note to user why.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by voludu2
I allow 7 days from last comment. For URs with an active dialog, I might throw in a reminder halfway through.

Using some helpful UR-filtering scripts, I was able to close out a bunch of the backlog in Chester County in 2 weeks. Other editors were actively working on the backlog at the same time. Now,mChester County is in pretty good shape, though there are still some stale URs to be closed. So it can be done, even allowing 7 days from last comment, probably in any county in PA.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Update_Reque ... _Etiquette
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I assume the level 4 editor is trying to be helpful. The points are probably not terribly important.
But if you would like the experience of handling some URs from beginning to end, you should talk to the other editor about that.

The level 1 editor might not be aware of guidelines and etiquette. They might be helpful, after that "50 solved URs" road candy, or a little bit of both. This editor should be welcomed into the PA editing community. Please PM me a Permalink that includes a sample UR, and I'll take a look at this new editors's work. Thanks!
voludu2
Send a message