Introducing myself

Image Image

Moderators: Unholy, guri211, GinBook, Zirland

Introducing myself

Postby Unholy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 am

Hi mates,

Following the reorganization of Waze's community world wide, I wanted to introduce myself formally.
My name is Ori and I am the community manager of Czech and Slovak community, along with other communities world wide.

Just to make thing more formal, I want to share with you a questionnaire in which users can suggest themselves or other users to the roles of coordinators and / or experts.

Please fill out the questionary until Monday February 4th.

I will publish the results and introduce the "elected" experts and coordinator by Thursday February 7th.

Thank you all!

Ori
Unholy
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Introducing myself

Postby porubcan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:36 am

Hello Ori,

it would be very helpful, if someone give us quick overview of each expert's subject.
for me it is not clear what is the difference between client/iOS/Android experts, etc.
some basics regarding the subject and also regarding requirements on those who would apply for the subject would be gladly welcome.

Shirli also informed about "local champs", but there is no way mentioned in questionnaire to apply for this.

thanks
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby MagicOfLA » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 am

porubcan wrote:Hello Ori,

it would be very helpful, if someone give us quick overview of each expert's subject.
for me it is not clear what is the difference between client/iOS/Android experts, etc.
some basics regarding the subject and also regarding requirements on those who would apply for the subject would be gladly welcome.

+1

Also listing leaders per expertise is (at least for me) a bit too specific, I can't speak for other's expertises. And I doubt they can do that about mine ;).

M.
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

Ori: Welcome, boss! ;)

MagicOfLA: You can always recommend yourself with list of all your expertises. The other recommendations will just support you offer, right?
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby MagicOfLA » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:03 pm

fotrik wrote:Ori: Welcome, boss! ;) I have 3-4 coleagues in mind for the recommendation but I am not sure if I have e-mail addresses of all of them which can be problem also for others. Maybe this field shouldn't be mandatory in the questionnaire.

Only your email is mandatory. As for the others - you've only got to enter the username.

fotrik wrote:MagicOfLa: You can always recommend yourself with list of all your expertises. The other recommendations will just support you offer, right?

I guess so... but when I want to support let's say you, what fields shall I enter you in? I can't even remember what OS you smartphone runs :)
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm

porubcan wrote:it would be very helpful, if someone give us quick overview of each expert's subject.

Shirli also informed about "local champs", but there is no way mentioned in questionnaire to apply for this.

+1 To my feeling the client expert means to know all client functions from the user side while the Android/iOS to know the background but I am unsure what level should it be there. It would be helpful to explain all categories before we vote.

Please explain also how the local champs correspond with the old Waze champs. Is it something different? I am not in the champs team.

Additionaly, are we going to vote for one common coordinator for CZ+SK or will be there one for each country?
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm

MagicOfLA wrote:
fotrik wrote:Ori: Welcome, boss! ;) I have 3-4 coleagues in mind for the recommendation but I am not sure if I have e-mail addresses of all of them which can be problem also for others. Maybe this field shouldn't be mandatory in the questionnaire.

Only your email is mandatory. As for the others - you've only got to enter the username.

Yes, yes, I started to write the post before I listed the form all the way down. Then I removed this part.

MagicOfLA wrote:
fotrik wrote:MagicOfLA: You can always recommend yourself with list of all your expertises. The other recommendations will just support you offer, right?

I guess so... but when I want to support let's say you, what fields shall I enter you in? I can't even remember what OS you smartphone runs :)

It's Android. :) Yes, that's difficult, we can know these only from the forum discussions. I have more coleagues in mind I will propose as editor experts but there are not many other fields I could fill with even one name. Let's hope that the role description will make this thing more clear. And if we start with at least somebody, we can always add more later.

Forgot one thing - it's not clear and written but my guess is that we will have common expert groups (and one coordinator?) for CZ+SK but how will it be handled for localization? In general, it shouldn't be problem to have it common too but it depends on the new community system functionality we don't know yet.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 pm

For those who don't know what's going on here, also this link should be added to the initial post.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Unholy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi,

When we say "Client" expert, we basically mean "Waze app" expert (rather than someone who wants to be "Editor" expert).

When we say iOS/Android expert, we're looking for die hard iOS or Android fans, which are more familiar with the operating systems and devices.

The Czech and Slovak community is light years ahead of most communities around the world - I am proud to say that you guys are one of the role models for other communities.
So basically what I say is, that in your case, the community structure is already here, we're just making it formal.

Ori

porubcan wrote:Hello Ori,

thanks
Unholy
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Would be nice to have an option to add short comment in the form.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Next

Return to Czech Republic and Slovakia