Universities

Post by txemt
I've had a change of thinking for mapping/labeling universities and wanted to get some feedback here. This is only going to be for the Texas universities for now. Someone had placed a parking lot on a university here in Miami and I was able to route to it. I was able to find it in the app and get directions to it, so I'm thinking that all parking lots on universities should be on the map. I'm still not too sure about the buildings on campuses. Having said that, SMU and Texas State have buildings that are landmarked. Its taken every ounce of resistance in me to not delete those landmarks and throw it onto the forum to get an overall consensus.
txemt

POSTER_ID:8943870

Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by AndyPoms
Are you sure the search result is coming from the landmark? Up this way, every lot & building at the major universities (and most of the minor colleges too) is marked in Google and in FourSquare (everyone wants to be the Mayor of something.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by ctpoole
I think the answer to this has changed with the advent of "places". I think we need to wait to see how the US guidance about places shakes out over the new few months. As far as I can tell, the "point places" are not being returned by searches at this time but will in the future.
ctpoole
Send a message
Area Manager: Austin, Southeast Texas and the Panhandle
https://s.waze.tools/c5.png

Post by shadoh
Old thread, I know, but I don't see much discussion on it and wanted to get some clarification. So you're saying instead of having an area landmark encompassing BOTH the University & attached lots/garages, that you would map the university as one landmark, and say "SMU Parking Lot A" or "SMU Orange Parking Lot" or whatever as separate landmarks near the main university landmark?
shadoh
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by shadoh
Gotcha, thanks for the follow-up.
shadoh
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by txemt
I'm sure it came from the landmark. I saw it in Waze and routed to it. I couldn't route to another garage that I saw (try looking for anything "orange" in Florida and see the results you get). I was able to route to a Blue Parking Garage (not on Google) and the Gold Parking Garage (on Google, next to blue) on FIU's campus. I just double checked and both have been removed from the editor, so I don't know if I'll be able to route to them. I tried to route to the Orange Garage, but like I said, try finding an "Orange" anything in Florida and see what you get.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.