Wegmans in Hunt Valley

Post by MarkInMd
There must have been a recent change to Waze routing logic because navigating to Wegmans in Hunt Valley (122 Shawan Rd) has worked fine for quite a while, but now it routes to the north side of the shopping center. I verified that there is a POI at the proper location with the proper address and the "house number" for that address is positioned at the proper location. What am I missing?
MarkInMd
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:7416392

Send a message
Attachments
Area Manager: North-Central MD & South-Central PA

Post by CBenson
I'm routed correctly to the south side of the shopping center as long as make sure to search for Wegman's with the apostrophe.

In my experience, the live map gives results more like the app if you select the more results option. Thus, if type in "Wegman's Hunt Valley" and click more results and then select "Wegman's Hunt Valley" I'm routed to the south side.
Wegmans.png
(107.33 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Are you routed to the north side in the app, if so what search result do you select?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Ahh. As far as searching for Wegmans goes, it does seem to be the apostrophe. As the waze place has the apostrophe, searching without it seems to return the Google pin. Seems to me that Wegmans doesn't use the apostrophe. Can we change the name of the waze place to "Wegmans"?

As far as the address goes, if I search for 122 Shawan Rd then I get a Cockeysville MD result that takes me to the waze stop point at the entrance to mall. What address do you select that takes you to the north side of the mall?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by MarkInMd
I am routed to the north in the app as well. I've tried it by selecting both Wegmans Hunt Valley from the search results (1st in the listing) and by typing in the street address. Same result.
MarkInMd
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MarkInMd
Yup, the apostrophe makes all the difference. The problem is that the spelling that way does not show up under and search. You have to literally type the whole thing out to get it to work. What's really weird is that when I search for "Wegmans Hunt Valley" in the map editor I only get the apostrophed version. The unapostrophed POI is not to be found. If I type "Wegman's Hunt Valley" in the map editor it pulls up the proper POI. However, if I type in Wegman's in the app or the live map I get search results that do not include the POI with the apostrophe in the name. I've had a couple of my friends ask me about this and now I understand why they are so confused. I think everyone will choose the search result that looks like it's exactly what they want.
MarkInMd
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by MarkInMd
Ok, I corrected the pin location in Google Maps - which is where the non-apostrophied data was coming from. Also, I checked the website and there is no asterisk in the Wegmans name so, with your concurrence, I am going to remove it from the POI data. Hopefully this will all help end the confusion.
MarkInMd
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message