Rt4 and Suitland parkway interchange

Post by ArthurUSCG
Should the turn lanes from Rt4 NB on to Suitland Parkway be added to reduce the turn lane data from polluting the thru lane data? I have been noticing that the entire segment for Rt4 NB is marked Red in the app while the thru lanes are running at speed.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=66538764
ArthurUSCG
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16966006

Send a message

Post by ArthurUSCG
This thread might be related to the turn lane polluting the thru lane traffic data.

viewtopic.php?f=622&t=123460
ArthurUSCG
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ArthurUSCG
It has been a while since I have timed it with a friends car to see who gets from the innerloop to Rt4 SB & Ritchie first but even at the speed limit Ritchie was faster.

But for Rt4 NB, the speed shown on Waze is usually closer to what the left turn lane on to Suitlandland Parkway is doing.
ArthurUSCG
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I suspect not. Waze tells us that they are working on implementing some new features (both on the back end and in the editor) to better distinguish data at intersections like this. So at this point, my best guess is to wait a bit longer and see what the developers come up with to solve the problem.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Interesting. It's been ages since my commute turned from 4 to Suitland, but it seems to me that the delay was basically only inbound. Waze is saying to its faster to take Ritchie Marlbough Rd than exit at Route 4 from the Inner Loop of the Beltway when going south on Route 4.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902