Post by nzahn1
pway wrote:Perhaps we should start a test area before implementing state wide to see what effect there is.
Agreed. Any suggestions for a guinea pig area?
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
pway wrote:I would suggest a potentially touristy area/high traffic, Baltimore perhaps or maybe something smaller that has a lot of visitors like around Arrundel Mills. Get the feel for how many more update requests we would see and if we can keep up.
I suggest we use the predefined Place Browser area 'Baltimore - 38' which includes Annapolis and Anne Arundel County, including the Arundel Mills area.

This way we can use the place browser to find places to lock, then track what kind of PURs we get back.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
jr1982jr wrote:I would suggest dropping the 4+ from bridges/tunnels and leave it at:
Bridge / Tunnel - Locked at the same level as the roads they support

If the road warrants higher, then so be it.

Missing from the list: Hospitals

Should religious centers be on the list or just the touristy one? The Cathedral of Mary our Queen on Charles St, the Basilica in downtown Baltimore and St Marys & St Anns in downtown Annapolis jump out at me.
Bridge and tunnel - Noted.
Hospitals - Already on the List (though I just added details about when to use the category)
Religious Centers - I'm going to recommend we leave this at editor preference, and case-by-case. Some major "landmark" centers may deserve an Area Place (and therefore a higher lock), due to the prominence of the location, or the tourist/pilgrimage quality, but the local editor/AM is probably the most knowledgeable on that decision. If they want it locked higher than their rank, they can contact a SM.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
ArthurUSCG wrote:Perhaps, for Rural areas, the Levels could be down 1 level?
There are not many L3+ editors for SoMD, Pan handle or Eastern Shore.
This is something we are considering with streets, so I agree it should be discussed here too. Opinions?
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
My reasoning would be to reverse the locks, as Areas take more effort than Points, and so you have more to protect. But either way, we should be adjusting.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by pway
Sounds good as long as there are level 3+ ready to approve/reject any new pictures etc.. I believe this will create a lot more requests for updates than we currently have. Which may be necessary and relieve errors from incorrect information but we will have to concentrate on places quite a bit more to keep up. It wont prevent them from putting down new places of course. Perhaps we should start a test area before implementing state wide to see what effect there is. My 2 cents anyhow.

Pway
pway
Send a message

Post by pway
nzahn1 wrote:
pway wrote:Perhaps we should start a test area before implementing state wide to see what effect there is.
Agreed. Any suggestions for a guinea pig area?
I would suggest a potentially touristy area/high traffic, Baltimore perhaps or maybe something smaller that has a lot of visitors like around Arrundel Mills. Get the feel for how many more update requests we would see and if we can keep up.
pway
Send a message

Post by subs5
Fine,
I would add valid parking lot (Commuter, airport, metro, etc) to be locked to either 2 or 3 since many use that to commute.
I would also amend school to be elementary/middle/high school so that preschools are not areas since some are out of homes.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
I have a large part of Southern Md as Area Manger already, for my next AM request, I'll include the Eastern Shore back through Dulles.
There aren't too many URs or place updates in the rural parts of Charles, St. Marys, and Calvert so I don't think it will be as bad as PG, Howard, or Montgomery Counties.
I agree to have the places be 1 level lower to spread the wealth to pway and ArthurUSCG, expect for the ones associated with the roads (basically freeways only are L4 and up) to stay that way. There are some Major Highways or Minor Highways still locked to L4, but working on that with Kodi75
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message