Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Westminster: Construction Closure of Pleasant Valley Road S

Post by tckma
I'm looking for sources of information on this construction closure so I can put it in the Waze system.

There is a planned closure of Pleasant Valley Road South, in connection with the widening of MD-140 to put in turn lanes here. SHA mailed local residents (such as myself) a flyer last fall describing the planned project and the date and time of a community meeting last October (which I could not attend due to previous commitments).

Construction has begun. Detour signs are posted and covered. Pleasant Valley Road South is still open to traffic.

Since this closure is squarely within one of my managed areas, I'd like to find the planned dates for closure so I can enter them into the system. SHA's website is no help, and in fact has no information on the project. Carroll County's website is even more useless, though I think the project falls under SHA jurisdiction as MD-140 is a state highway.

My understanding from the flyer sent out last fall is that this is the segment which will be closed to traffic. That is a Carroll County maintained road, but the construction is on a state (SHA-maintained) highway (Taneytown Pike, MD-140).

Does anyone know where I might find information on the planned closure dates?
tckma
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:16802974

Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c3.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0075.png
Area Manager in MD (some of Carroll and Baltimore Counties) and PA (some of York and Adams Counties)
NWR/MAR Editor Exchange Program -- EA in Wyoming and Montana
Apple iPhone 6S, AT&T, iOS 13

Post by nzahn1
Ask me a year ago and I would point you to the CHART planned closure page. But as Kodi and I recently discovered, these dates/times are when the contractor is approved to close the road, not when they actually plan on doing the work. Once the closures are actually in effect, you can see them on the active closures page though.

You can try contacting SHA or the County to get details, but who knows who you'll find there.
(I've got a pretty good report with the guys behind the @TheMDTA account on twitter, since working all the I-95 stuff).
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter