Restricted turning lanes at intersection

Post by RavenDT
Hello, all!

I had a question regarding restricted turning lanes at intersections. I attempted to search the wiki and forum and wasn't able to find an answer.

Recently, a road changed in my area and now has turning lane restrictions. I've seen this in a few places where traffic is quite busy and the signs near the intersection state which turning lane you should be in based on your destination.

Example:
Segment approaching intersection junction now has 4 lanes:

Code: Select all

+----------------+----------------+----------------+-----------------+
| Left to US-15N | Left to US-40E | Left to US-15S | Right to US-40W |
|                |                | or straight    |                 |
|                |                |                |                 |
The reason why I think this might be an important edit is that sometimes, when traffic is heavy, the lane signs aren't readable and by the point that the driver is close enough to read them, they'll have difficulty changing to the proper lane. Doing so in the middle of the turn or shortly thereafter could cause an accident (which has almost happened to me twice already).

Does anyone know how to specify turning lanes on a segment based on route? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
RavenDT

POSTER_ID:17404093

Send a message

Post by mtb2314
Hi RavenDT,

I am a local editor and I would be happy to help you. I sent you a private message with some initial Wiki links, and it would be great to get you connected to the Maryland Waze editors community through Google Hangouts. We can coordinate directly through PM's and I would be happy to work with you on the issue you raised in this thread.

Thanks!

Tom
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 4
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD State Manager / USA Country Manager
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat
Waze Editing Best Practices

Post by nzahn1
Thanks for looking into this Tom. Let us know if there is anything you need help with.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by RussPA
It should be able to be done, but you'll likely need the help of some senior editors. You should post this in your local state's forum, where editors familiar with the area can help you. Find your local forum here.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator