Bridge in Potomac not registering with Waze

Post by Brunson80
Hi, I've tried to report this a few times through the app and have not been successful, so I'm trying here on the forums.

Waze has been working great from my route between work and home, but within the last few weeks, it has started to disregard the small one-lane bridge connecting South Glen Road and Glen Mill Road in Potomac entirely. This happens from both directions and has serious effects on the recommended routes to take home after work each day.

In the screenshot attached, you can see that from my positioning at the time, the map should have told me to continue on South Glen Road, go over the bridge onto Glen Mill Road, and then continue to the right. Instead, it has me take a convoluted path around the upper left side of the screenshot.

Waze is disregarding the bridge entirely, because even if I continue on South Glen Road towards the bridge and am mere feet from it, Waze will ignore the bridge and instruct me to stay on South Glen Road, continuing off screen to the right and taking a much longer route to get home (just up a bit further on Glen Mill Road).

Thanks in advance for your help, let me know if you have any questions,

Brunson80

Edit: FWIW, I was instructed in a previous waze email to report this on the app, which I did. I had someone respond to me and tell me that they couldn't figure out the error. I responded but was unable to upload a picture, so I thought this forum post would be more helpful. Have not yet heard back from the responder in the app.
Brunson80

POSTER_ID:17593478

Send a message
Attachments

Post by Brunson80
Great, thanks. I was only able to give you a single sentence response this morning, so I thought it would be more helpful to give you a complete description, as well as the photo, which is why I added the forum post. I'll know not to do both next time. Cheers
Brunson80
Send a message

Post by Brunson80
Great, thanks again. And no worries on the time wait, just wanted to make sure it's in place once everyone's back at work after labor day. Have a great weekend!
Brunson80
Send a message

Post by SirGadwall
Hi Brunson80,

I am the editor who contacted you this morning regarding your report. Please be patient and not file multiple reports for the same issue as this only slows the resolution down as we try and address them all.

Regarding your issue, we have recently made changes to the location in question. However, those changes have yet to reach the app as there can be a delay of up to a week before the changes reach the app. I'm confident once those changes do reach the app your issue will be resolved.

We'll leave the report open until we see the update has reached the app and then reach out to you for verification your issue is resolved.

Thanks,
SirGadwall
SirGadwall
Send a message

Post by SirGadwall
Not a problem. As volunteer editors, we don't get to see your username with the reports for privacy reasons but when this one popped up right after the response on the report it was easy to put 2+2 together.

Hopefully the needed map update will happen tonight and you can test it within a day or two. In the meantime, continue to disregard the wonky routing.
SirGadwall
Send a message

Post by SirGadwall
Hello Brunson80,

Responded via the user report at the location as well, but wanted to let you know the adjustments we made regarding your issue should now be live in the Waze app. Please let us know if you continue to experience problems with your routing, but it looks like it will work for you now.

Have a great day!
SirGadwall
Send a message