Directions to my home adds 5 miles

Moderators: delilush, ply8808, stephenr1966

Directions to my home adds 5 miles

Postby Zibazip » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi - I'm still relatively new at Waze, so this my be a simple answer...when I leave my home (Burkittsville, MD) to go to Brunswick, MD, it takes me along Route 17 - which is a straight shot. When I return to Burkittsville from Brunswick, the map wants me to take 17 then get on 180 Jefferson Pike to Catholic Church Road and then take Brentland Road back to Route 17. I know the way home, but is there a way to correct this on the map?

Also, the name of a road near my house is spelled incorrectly ( it is Coatsville, no Coatesville).

Thank you for your help and I apologize if I'm missing some really simple...
Zibazip

Re: Directions to my home adds 5 miles

Postby kodi75 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:47 pm

I was able to isolate the error to the roundabout along MD-17 on the north side of US-340 - a turn restriction was inadvertently added preventing through traffic from Brunskwick north to Burkittsville. I have fixed the problem - this change may take a few days to update to the app. Check status.waze.com.

MD-17 at US-340 Roundabout error.jpg
Brunswick Roundabout
(130.56 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

This being a "community-driven" app, your input is vital to identify these editing errors that sometimes occur. We greatly appreciate that you brought it to our attention!
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to Maryland