Incorrect routing to JHOC

Post by n8nagel
I had to go to Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center again the other day and Waze routed me to N Broadway and Jefferson St. not N Caroline St. and McElderry St. as it should be. I just tried on my phone again searching in the Waze app for "Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center" and two of the top three results give the above behavior with one giving correct directions. I don't see any indication on my phone that these results are being pulled from different sources they all look identical. Place marker in WME is correct. I really have no idea what's wrong, I've had to go there enough times that I know where I'm going now but Waze users that don't know the area are going to be directed to a small parking lot that doesn't even abut the building entrance.

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 170.285480

Google Maps also appears correct:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Catonsv ... 9283?hl=en
n8nagel

POSTER_ID:11401730

Send a message

Post by kodi75
Also you should remove any instance of this location from your history and favorites. Then perform a new search and resave.

If you have an old search result or Favorite, drivers will be routed to the old location - Waze stores the Lat/Long of a search result and doesn't perform a new query each time.

See this Waze help page:
or see the Favorites topic in the help menu in the app (listed under settings)
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by mtb2314
n8nagel wrote:I had to go to Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center again the other day and Waze routed me to N Broadway and Jefferson St. not N Caroline St. and McElderry St. as it should be. I just tried on my phone again searching in the Waze app for "Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center" and two of the top three results give the above behavior with one giving correct directions. I don't see any indication on my phone that these results are being pulled from different sources they all look identical. Place marker in WME is correct. I really have no idea what's wrong, I've had to go there enough times that I know where I'm going now but Waze users that don't know the area are going to be directed to a small parking lot that doesn't even abut the building entrance.

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 170.285480

Google Maps also appears correct:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Catonsv ... 9283?hl=en
Hey n8nagel,

The Waze place has a correct stop point, but when I tested routing in the app just now I got two results. It turns out the Google pin is not correct - it is out in the middle of the building, which turns out to be closer to Broadway than the entrance on McElderry. You can tell the difference between the two results in Waze based on the address. The Waze native place has N Caroline St as the road name. The Google place has North Caroline Street (with North and Street both spelled out). I just submitted a GM update request to move the pin to the entrance on the square at McElderry. Hopefully that will resolve that issue.

In the meantime, please use the Waze place with N Caroline St as the address. I'll check back on the GM update to make sure it goes through.
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 4
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD State Manager / USA Country Manager
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat
Waze Editing Best Practices

Post by mtb2314
Wow that was fast! I just got email replies from Google telling me my position updates went through. I updated the main pin, along with separate GM pins for Radiology and Pharmacy. If you look at the Waze place with the Place Interface Enhancements script enabled, it allows you to hover your mouse over each linked Google Map place and see the Google pin. The GM pins haven't updated in Waze yet - I assume that will happen in a day or two.

But thanks for letting us know. And I hope you're feeling ok.

Take care and thanks for helping make Waze better!

Once this request is complete, could you please mark it solved? Thanks!
mtb2314
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 4
Send a message
Tom N
mtb2314
MD State Manager / USA Country Manager
MD Wazeopedia
MD Editors Discord Chat
Waze Editing Best Practices

Post by n8nagel
Thanks, hadn't had to go up there in a while but did again last week and this appears to be working now.
n8nagel
Send a message