Post by trooster10
I’ve gone through and removed the following projects from the list that appear to be COMPLETED. Please review and let me know if any are still underway.

Saratoga Street Utility Work
Saratoga Street between Charles Street and Liberty Street is closed to westbound traffic for utility work.
Expected Completion: ?

Argonne Drive Closure
Argonne Drive is closed to westbound traffic between Loch Raven Boulevard and the Alameda for two weeks. These segments have been changed to one-way eastbound and renamed; this should last for the next two weeks. Then, other segments must be switched to westbound only for an additional two weeks.
Expected Completion: October 24, 2013
Press Release

I-83/JFX Elevated Viaduct Repairs
The ramp from Madison Street/Fallsway to I-83 North/Jones Falls Expressway will be closed full-time for 10 weeks, starting September 16, due to construction activities.
Expected Completion: Late November 2013
Project Site

Dolfield Boulevard Extension in Owings Mills
Open to traffic - updates to the map have been completed.
News Story
Image of Changes

I-695 N/Wilkens Avenue Interchange
Project Completed
Project Site

I-70/Security Blvd (MD-122) Interchange
The loop ramp of Exit 94 from I-70 E to Security Blvd N is closed for utility relocation for the Red Line project. The detour on which drivers should be routed is to go around the Park & Ride Lot and take the first westbound ramp.
Expected Completion: November 7, 2013
Press Release
News Story

Valley Road
Closed between Wilkens Avenue and Hilltop Road for bridge and roadway repairs.
Expected Completion: December 6, 2013

Jordan Sawmill Road Bridge
Jordan Sawmill Road will be closed for bridge repairs.
Expected Completion: November 22, 2013

Loflin Road at Philadelphia Road (MD-7)
Part of a larger project involving upgrades at the intersection of Pulaski Highway (US-40) and Philadelphia Road. Loflin Road is closed at Philadelphia Road for utility work.
Expected Completion: Late Summer/Fall 2013
Project Site

Pulaski Highway (US-40)/MD-715 Interchange
Upgrades to the existing interchange and modification of traffic movements.
Expected Completion: Early Fall 2013
Project Site

East Wheel Road Improvements
Closed between Cedar Lane and Glenangus Drive near Bel Air for reconstruction.
Expected Completion: December 2013
Project Site

Old Montgomery Road Bridge
Bridge replacement that has resulted in a full closure of the road.
Expected Completion: December 2013
Media Advisory
Traffic Advisory

MD-32/Linden Church Road Interchange
Construction of a grade separation and interchange between MD-32 and Linden Church Rd, which is currently in Stage 3 of construction. This is Phase 1 of a larger project to upgrade MD-32 from a two-lane highway to a four-lane access-controlled divided highway from I-70 to MD-108.
Expected Completion: Late Fall 2013
Project Site
Overall Project Site
October Traffic Advisory - YouTube or PDF

Landing Road
Realignment of Landing Road to create a four-way intersection with Ilchester Road and Ilchester Point Court that has resulted in a full closure of Landing Road.
Expected Completion: Early December 2013
Project Site
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Thomas R. - Level 5 Editor
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
Updates:
The affected ramps in the 895/Potee St and 695/Frederick Rd interchange projects are still closed as of January 24. I've realigned the ramp from 695 N to Frederick Rd to it's final position.

New Projects:
Broening Hwy at Keith Ave (Baltimore City) - I restricted the northbound through movement, but one node north of the actual restriction, so that drivers are still instructed to keep right onto the ramp. I didn't set the segments as one-way southbound because the press release didn't state the limits of construction or clarify if local traffic was allowed to continue north beyond the ramp. If anyone has driven through here recently and can provide more information I'd appreciate it!
Sherwood Road (Baltimore County) - the County's website says it will be closed Jan 27 - Feb 21 but does not provide a location. Does anybody know where the road will be closed?

Does anybody know the status of the following projects? Their scheduled completion date has passed.
Montrose Ave (Baltimore County)
NH Ave Bridge over Silgo Creek (Montgomery County) - appears to have been pushed back to spring 2014 due to delays.

kodi75, I just drove that section of I-95 yesterday, and you've done a good job with the updates! I agree that you should move I-95 out as it appears you've done. The bridges at Campbell Blvd and White Marsh Blvd appeared to be complete enough to realign I-95. Also, you'll see my name on a few segments of I-95, but that was just to raise the lock to 4 on one segment, remove city names on two segments, and delete a few extra junctions north of here where the city names used to change.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
Gotcha. I was going to offer to add the city name again but it looks like that's not necessary. I've noticed the same problem in other areas but not with a one-letter city. For example, reports along one section of I-97 said "near Glen Bernie" (not sure if they still do). I know there's a form to report old cities that still appear on the map, but how should cities that only appear in traffic reports be reported?

Also, kodi75, which map are you using for city names? I've been using this map for Baltimore County, and it appears to match the cities layer in this area, but that is difficult to use since Overlea, Carney, and Baltimore are all the same color in the editor and the boundaries are barely visible. I noticed a few smudges on the map (Nottingham and Fullerton) so I removed them. And aside from the HOT lanes and minor alignment tweaks, is the 95/43 interchange in its final layout? I will note this in the list on the front page.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
Here are some bad city names I've found, along with the freeway and nearest cross road. Some road names like the BW Pkwy are too long for the app to show the nearby city. I've verified there are no segments bearing the bad city name for most of the ones in AACO, but he highlighter tool isn't working for me right now so I'm unable to do that for the others.

Misspelled/Incomplete Names:
Baltimore, MD (state abbreviation is in city name) - I-83 S near Light Rail (Permalink)
Ellicot City - US-29 near MD-100 interchange (Permalink)
F - US-29 near Greencastle Rd intersection (Permalink)
Glen Bernie - I-97 between MD-100 and Quarterfield Rd interchanges (Permalink)
Mays - I-83 S near I-695 interchange (Permalink)
P - I-95 near New Forge Rd overpass (Permalink)
W - I-83 between Warren Rd and Padonia Rd interchanges (Permalink)
Washhington - DC-295 near Benning Rd interchange (Permalink)
White - US-40 near White Marsh Blvd interchange (Permalink)
Wye - US-50 near MD-404 intersection (Permalink)

Obscure/Incorrect Names:
Andover - I-195 near MD-295 interchange (Permalink)
Ben Oaks - I-97 near Benfield Blvd interchange (Permalink)
Grove Ridge - I-695 near B&A Blvd interchange (Permalink)
Lo... (end of the name was cut off in the app) - MD-100 near southern split with MD-10 (Permalink)
Ma... - MD-100 near Catherine Rd interchange (Permalink)
Pea... - MD-32 near MD-175 interchange (Permalink)
Priest Bridge Ind P... - US-50 near Patuxent River (Permalink)
Shawnee Estates - I-97 near Millersville Rd overpass (Permalink)
Sterling Dr - I-95 near Gorman Rd overpass & rest area (Permalink)
Wood Haven - US-50 near Rutland Rd overpass (Permalink)
Three Mile - US-50 between I-97 and MD-665 interchanges (Permalink)
Upper Falls - I-95 between Bradshaw Rd and Raphel Rd overpasses (Permalink)
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
In the editor chat yesterday, a senior editor suggested to me the use of full-time, all-vehicle segment restrictions to mark long-term closures instead of disconnecting segments. I don't know if this is common practice elsewhere or if there are any issues with this approach, so I wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone's thoughts were. It seems to me that the benefits are easier editing (setting restrictions instead of modifying geometry) and no loss of speed data at the disconnected node. One potential problem, however, is that it's remotely possible that Waze will route you along a segment that is physically impossible to drive.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
No rush on removing the cities, I just wanted to start compiling a list for our reference. I know it’s long but hopefully that covers many of them. Let me know if you need more info.

Good point about the opening date. Another advantage I realized is that we don't have to rely on the timing of tile updates to close and open segments, so we can set restrictions as soon as we know about them. We could enter a description of the construction closure in the restriction comments section. Is there still a bug with restrictions lasting more than 50 days?
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
I'll add the latest projects to the list.

Using the app in landscape mode doesn't reveal any more of the name (at least on an iPhone). The only one I can guess is that "Priest Bridge Ind" ends in "Park" or "Pk". I have a few more ghost cities written down so I'll compile another list and post it, and I'll see if I can get full city names for the others.

As a heads up, the Wiki has been updated with new guidelines on how to mark segments - the names should now be appended with (Construction Zone) or (Closed) at the end. I've already made the changes in a few places.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
Here are a few more incorrect city names I've found:

L - I-83 near Warren Rd interchange (Permalink)
W - I-70 near Turf Valley Golf Course (Permalink)
Baltim - I-95 near Dundalk Ave interchange (Permalink)
Ft meade - MD-32 near Samford Rd interchange (Permalink)

Arundel Mills - MD-100 near MD-713 interchange (Permalink)
Cedarcroft - I-97 near the end of Dicus Mill Rd (Permalink)
Clifford Estates - US-50 near South Haven Rd overpass (Permalink)
Crosspointe - I-97 near the end of Crosspointe Rd (Permalink)
Shipleys Choice - I-97 near Benfield Blvd interchange (Permalink)
Windgate - US-50 near Admiral Rd overpass (Permalink)

I know the full name is needed but I'm posting these as well in case someone knows what it is.
Ger... - MD-10 near Marley Station Rd underpass (Permalink)
Lon... - MD-10 at MD-100 (Permalink)
Three Mile... - US-50 near MD-665 interchange (Permalink)
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
I'm working on 200 right now. Please review and let me know if you see any problems. I have the closed segments set to open on Monday at midnight. Please leave URs that have tracks open so we can check the alignments.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland

Post by trooster10
Carl,

1. As of this past week, they are separate, and I believe they will remain separate.

2. I took out the Konterra Dr references as the signs I saw uncovered on 95 last night said Contee Rd E. The only references I have to Konterra Dr are from the website, but the signs on what is shown as Konterra Dr still say Contee Rd as of this past week.

The alignments of new segments and naming of some new ramps are my best guess, so I'll drive through on Monday and make corrections. If anyone else drives through or sees issues, please let me know.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
State Manager - Maryland