Sneak Peek at new state template

Moderators: orbitc, banished

Sneak Peek at new state template

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:40 pm

I was asked to create a common template system for all of the states to use for their main state page. It is not yet ready for full deployment as I am still finishing some testing and debugging. Since the Connecticut page was actually a model for the template layout, I wanted to get some feedback from the editors in Connecticut on what you think about the new template.

The current test page is here.

If you want to try your hand at editing anything on the page, note that you have to edit from the discussion talk page. If you try to edit the page directly, you only see the main template. If you forget that you will see a box at the bottom of the page saying About this page. If you open that box you will see a link to edit the page.

Editing the Area Manager table is done directly on the table through the links shown.

If you follow the links on the page to any Connecticut subpages, use the browser back button to return to this page. Do not use the breadcrumb links at the top of the page because those currently take you back to the original page. Only after this page is finalized, those links will work as expected.

Note: there may be times during this test phase that the page may not look 100% correct. You might have caught me at a time when I was altering or adjusting a part of the page. It should return to normal shortly after that. However, if you see anything unusual, be sure to let me know either in this thread or by PM.

Any feedback is welcomed.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Sneak Peek at new state template

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:34 pm

You can provide feedback on anything that you think could improve, simplify, or reduce possible confusion.

PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:08 am

This is to inform the group that the new State Template (link to forum discussion) has been made public.

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pumrum » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 pm

this is excellent, thanks! I don't see any issues at this point. I will go back through it a few more times to see if anything is glaringly inaccurate or absent. let me know if you want feedback on anything in particular
pumrum

Return to Connecticut