New London Frontage Roads

Post by M4nal
When travelling SB on I-95 to any of the businesses in the New London Mall (Marshall's, Shop Rite, Chili's, etc.), Waze has you take N Frontage Road. This is good.

But where N Frontage Road changes from Major Highway to Primary Street, Waze directs the user to "Turn left onto N Frontage Road". The correct direction would be silence.

I suggest the remainder of N Frontage Road be upgraded to Major Highway to prevent this mis-direction.

There would be no detriment to routing as this would not change the ranking of roadway priorities in the immediate area.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 97,8956241

Though I drive this route daily, Waze always thinks I jumped onto I-95 and am taking the off-ramp that runs parallel to this segment. In the off-chance that someone is in the shopping plaza parking lot and enters S Frontage Road after it's on-ramp to I-95 N, Waze would direct the driver to turn left where the road is down-graded as US 1 exits.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=84421829
M4nal

POSTER_ID:17099854

Send a message
TBV,

M4

Post by AndyPoms
M4nal wrote:But where N Frontage Road changes from Major Highway to Primary Street, Waze directs the user to "Turn left onto N Frontage Road". The correct direction would be silence.

I suggest the remainder of N Frontage Road be upgraded to Major Highway to prevent this mis-direction.

There would be no detriment to routing as this would not change the ranking of roadway priorities in the immediate area.
Solved this by removing the Alt-Name from the Ramp. Waze should no longer generate the "Keep Left" prompt.
M4nal wrote:Though I drive this route daily, Waze always thinks I jumped onto I-95 and am taking the off-ramp that runs parallel to this segment. In the off-chance that someone is in the shopping plaza parking lot and enters S Frontage Road after it's on-ramp to I-95 N, Waze would direct the driver to turn left where the road is down-graded as US 1 exits.
There is an editing feature there that will force a "Keep Right" & a "Keep Left" there that will match the BGS (Big Green Sign).
M4nal wrote:Hold on, I just noticed on the S Frontage Road, where this transition happens, there are three nodes...unfortunately IE won't let me zoom in closer to see exactly what's going on here.

It looks like the three-node cluster would allow Waze to give proper directions between continuing straight (silence) and keeping right (exit). Waze would also remain silent during the road down-grade as there are no alternatives.

Perhaps duplicating this on the N Frontage Road would be the better solution.
As explained above, the "three node structure" is there to force prompts to match the BGS. There is no BGS on N Frontage.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by frankhewes
isn't this similar to where CT-15 transitions to divided highway in Newington, or I-84 division in Hartford, where staying left is the understood straight?
frankhewes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by frankhewes
AndyPoms is familiar with both of those and he's also the one that informed me of the "left is straight" rule for segments like this.
frankhewes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by M4nal
Hold on, I just noticed on the S Frontage Road, where this transition happens, there are three nodes...unfortunately IE won't let me zoom in closer to see exactly what's going on here.

It looks like the three-node cluster would allow Waze to give proper directions between continuing straight (silence) and keeping right (exit). Waze would also remain silent during the road down-grade as there are no alternatives.

Perhaps duplicating this on the N Frontage Road would be the better solution.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=63095992
M4nal
Send a message
TBV,

M4

Post by M4nal
I made a quick detour this morning by going thru the parking lot before hitting S Frontage Rd.

I thought the direction was "Exit left to...", but reading this now I'm not sure if it said exit or keep...either way, it works. <Edit - it says "keep left to">

I'll confirm N Frontage next time I'm coming home from Groton (may be a while).
M4nal
Send a message
TBV,

M4

M4nal
Send a message
TBV,

M4

Post by M4nal
I'm not familiar with those intersections, so I can't say.
M4nal
Send a message
TBV,

M4