New editor needs advice on an edit in Middletown

Post by AndyPoms
For road naming, it's best to check multiple sources... Look at the CT DOT FCL Maps, look at the regional GIS, look at the city/town GIS Map, look at the city/town GIS Parcel Data.

In this case, there is only CT DOT FCL & the City GIS. All three say "MacDonough Pl" - with the CT DOT FCL indicating that there MAY be a space between "Mac" and "Donough", but the GIS Map & GIS Parcel Data do not show the space. It's best to go with the most local source as the primary (and any other oddities can be alt-names). In this case, I think it's just how it fits on the CT DOT Map, so I wouldn't add an alt-name here.

*** BE CAREFUL *** I've found several instances where the GIS Map and the parcel data show different things (i.e. First Ave vs First St). This usually happens when the GIS system is using a map provider instead of the city/town-provided map (i.e. having parcel info on top of a Google Street Map or a Open Streets Street Map). Go with the PARCEL data as that is tied to the tax record.

Assisted Living / Nursing homes are tricky to add as places. They can fall into a few different categories - I've seen the following used "Professional & Public", "Hospital / Medical Care" (be careful with this one - see the wiki), "Lodging", "Personal Care", "Pharmacy", etc. Sometimes, like Chris said, it's best to leave it to Google. And technically, it's called "Middlesex Health Services Inc" and the address is 9 MacDonough Pl - see the GIS Parcel Data.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:4797498

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ